•3•

I breathed in the cold air, smelling fresh rain. I hugged myself tightly, watching the little sprinkle of tears from the sky fall onto whatever they can reach.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

I turn my head to see Alice next to me looking up at the sky.

"Yes, although it makes me want to isolate in the warm house." I responded.

She giggled.

"The beautiful mixture of all the dark colours. Grey, dark blue, dark green, brown. Signifies natures true beauty."

My eyebrows furrowed.

"You haven't changed, Alice. I still get confused on what your saying half the time."

She laughed and jumped a little before hugging me.

"I missed you, Anastasia. It's a lot better having someone around who understands how the future works." She said cheerily.

"I missed you too, Alice."

It was silent. We just hugged each other and watched the rain get heavier.

Alice and I are about the same height. Her pixie hair is everywhere. That's strange, her hair is always put together neatly.

"We better go inside. Don't want you getting sick. Carlisle wants to talk to you and Ace."

I nodded and we walked inside. I followed her upstairs and into Carlisle's office. Ace was already there with Jason and Jasper.

Alice skipped over to Ace and sat on his lap, hugging him close while Jason placed his hands on Ace's shoulders.

I walked to Jasper and sat on the seat next to him. He placed his hand on my thigh, causing me to shift in my seat.

He cleared his throat with a little smirk and signed for Carlisle to start.

"Since Ace and Anastasia are 16, they must be turned as soon as possible. We've already caused trouble with the Volturi twice, we cannot afford to go through that again. I'm afraid that we won't win this time if we do.

The Volturi know all our weak spots. They've learnt from the past as they always do, and they are stronger. They have more guards, especially ones with great gifts." He broke down to us.

Jason furrowed his eyebrows.

"I don't want to rush turning my mate into one of us." He said annoyed.

"I understand, but they've changed the rules. Once your mate is 16, you must turn them. If you meet them while they are older, you are to turn them immediately unless you don't want them. If this is to be avoided... they will kill you and your mate and they have every right to.

I'm my opinion, I think the Volturi are showing leniency. After what happened with Bella, they don't want a human knowing of our kind for so long."

"What about their 'human' assistants?" Jason sassed.

"Everyone knows they don't last longer than a week. They always end up being their dessert." Carlisle responded, trying to hide his annoyance.

"You all have to the end of the week to turn them. I mean it. I'm giving you a chance to do it yourselves as their mates. If it's not done, I'll do it myself." Carlisle stood up and walked out.

I look to Jasper, he was already staring at me. I look down and stand up. He follows and grabs my hand before guiding me to his- I mean our bedroom.

He shuts the door and locks it. I furrow my eyebrows.