•10•

I walk out of my room, my heels clicking on the floorboards. I make my way downstairs and to the living room where Jasper and Alec are. Alec stands up straight as if he had just done something mischievous and looks at me with a small smile.

"Anastasia, you look so...." He looks me up and down while I glare at him, warning him to think over his words. "So.....bright...?"

I sigh.

"It's Wednesday." I deadpanned.

He looks at me confused while I start tapping my foot in frustration. Jasper quickly stands up and places a hand on Alec's shoulder.

"Wednesday is the day she wears pink. It's from that movie mean girls." He whispers in Alec's ear, which was useless because I could still hear it.

"Right." Alec smiles.

I stomp my foot.

"Alec! How many times do I have to make you watch mean girls. It's like you never listen to it while it's on, even though we've watched it like a million times!"

His smile widens and he walks up to me and cups my face.

"I'm sorry, mi Amore." He whispers.

I let out a little sigh and look down. He steps back and looks at Jasper.

"Hey baby, Alec and I are just going to go hunting." Jasper says while grabbing Alec's hand.

I hum and nod my head while looking down. He gives me a little kiss on the head and then speeds away with Alec.

I walk over to the seat of the piano and sit down. Ever since we found out Alec is apparently our mate a few weeks ago, I haven't been with Jasper much. Alec is always his main focus, and I'm really disliking it.

They are always going out somewhere, usually hunting together even though I swear they went hunting three hours ago.

It's been almost a month, and I feel so miserable. I try to get his attention by wearing scandalous outfits or make him jealous by calling a celebrity hot, but nothing. It feels like I just lost him all together. I feel like I'm a burden.

I thought with Alec joining us it would be better, but no. It's like they are a couple and I'm just a third wheel. One time I went hunting with them and they disregarded my presence. When I was feeding they kept going and left me. I remember feeling so alone, it was the first time I felt truly sad. That was two days after Alec first came.

I just wish I could cry. It feels like I'm being filled up with so many depressing emotions that I might burst soon.

I stand up after an hour of sitting down and sniffling while thinking about how Jasper and I were before.

I stand up and walk around the house, trying to find something to do. I walk into Carlisle's office and see the book on his desk that introduced this whole relationship to us.

I pick it up and throw it across the room. A dry sob left my mouth and I walk out of his office and up to Jasper and I's room. I need to get this off my mind.

I grab my purse and phone and then go down to the garage. I grab the keys to the Mercedes Benz and get in. I drive out of the garage and start making my way to the destination I want to go to.

{+}{+}{+}{+}{+}{+}{+}{+}

I pull into the parking lot and get out of the car. I walk into the hospital building and go to the receptionist.

"Hi, where is Dr Carlisle Cullen?" I ask her.

"Mr Cullen is currently checking on a patient. Do you have an appointment with him?"

"I'm his daughter." Her eyebrows raise at my statement.

"Yes, we'll his office is on the second floor. Just go down the hall once your out of the elevator then take a left then a right and it should be the third door on the left." I nodded and went to the elevator then followed her directions after I arrived in the second floor.

I open the door and close it once I've stepped in. I sit on the chair in front of his desk and look around his office. It's a beautiful office with a great view.

After a while Carlisle walks in and froze as he sees me.

"Ana? What are you doing here?" He asks while sitting in front of me.

"I have a question." He nods his head telling me to continue on. "Do you think.... Do you think Jasper could possibly only want Alec as his mate? Maybe think that he doesn't want me or that I'm just a burden?"

He furrows his eyebrows and leans forward in his seat.

"Why would you think that, Ana?"

"Just-... answer my question." I stop myself from snapping at him and slowly calm myself.

"No. Ana, he can't choose Alec over you." I look down. "What's wrong? Why would you think he could do that, Ana?"

"He just hasn't been the same since Alec came. They don't notice me most of the time and when they do they seem like they want to quickly get rid of me so they can be together. Am I not enough? Why is it that Alec had to come right as things were getting so good?"

"Anastasia. Alec is your mate too. He loves you and Jasper equally and it's the same for Jasper. I think you are just being dramat-"

"You see!" I stand up straight and clench my fist. "Everyone keeps saying the same thing! 'Your just being over dramatic, Ana.' I'm not! I'm not, okay! I-... I-I'm hurt and so choked up." Venom started to pool in my eyes and I start pacing. "I feel useless and- and- and stolen from! Everyone keeps saying it's my fault! It's not my fault! I just watched them leave me. I watched them fall in love... and...."

I cut myself off with a dry sob and start crying with no tears coming out while clutching my hair tightly with my hands.

"I feel like I'm going insane." I turn to Carlisle who is looking at me with concern. "Am I going insane? Am I so much of an attention seeking bitch that I've driven myself to become so miserable for not having Jaspers attention."

Carlisle stood up and hugged me. He held me tight to his chest while stroking my hair.

"No, Ana. I'm so sorry I've been too blind to see how miserable you are. I haven't been such a good father to you lately, but I'll make it up to you. Let's get away from this whole mess. We will leave now, I'll tell the nurses that I'm feeling unwell and am going home early."

He starts packing his things up while I look at him in shock.

"Right now? Like right now, right now?" I ask trying to make sure that I'm not imagining things. He chuckles.

"Yes, Ana. Let's go on a little holiday. You need to get away from Jasper and Alec and try to bring up your mood and I've been doing overtime at work for a while."

I smile and hug him again.

"What about our stuff?"

"We will buy stuff that we need when we get there." I nod and start heading out to the car with him.

"Wait, where are we going?" I look at him in confusion?

"I don't know. I guess we will just see when we get to the airport." He shrugs. I giggle and run in the car.

Finally, I'll be able to get my mind off of everything.