Chapter 17

"I'M A LIFE FIBER MONSTER!!" Ryuko screamed at the top of her lungs, enraged.

HALLELUJAH! 

"That's crazy, Ryuko!" Mako retorted. "Senketsu is your friend, Ryuko! That attitude doesn't sound like the Ryuko I know! It doesn't, it doesn't, it doesn't, it doesn't!" 

Then Mako grabbed Ryuko's shoulders and shook her. "This isn't the Ryuko I know! It isn't, it isn't, it isn't!" she yelled at her in desperation.

Ryuko begrudgingly looked away from Mako's eyes. "I'm not the Ryuko you know," she said, earning a look of surprise from the bob-cut girl. "That old me was one big lie. I'm a monster! I'm not a normal human, I'm a monster just like Ragyo that can't be killed."

"D-Don't say that..."

"Awww," a familiar voice said so suddenly. 

The scene switches to reveal Nui, not in her tangible form, but in the form of the COVERS.

"Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed, Ryuko!"

Ryuko's glare hardened. "Nui Harime!"

----

KILL LA KILL

----

The imitation of Nui only chuckled in glee. "But... Aren't you angry at the wrong person?"

"What?" 

"Didn't you want to avenge your father's death? I'm the one who killed him, and you're ignoring me," then like a snake, she instantly slithered behind Ryuko and Mako. "But you're fighting this trash and I'm so sad and lonely!"

Ryuko growled. "Quit screwing with me!" she yelled as she slashed at the counterfeit Nui, effectively killing the said imitation, only to materialize back in shape.

"That's the way, my daughter!" Ragyo exclaimed. Joyful by her daughter's bloodlust.

"I'm not your daughter!" she retaliated.