Chapter 20

It's been a while ever since Mob was able to get a good rest. He was hardly ever to get any when he decided to go out searching for his family and old friends. He slowly sat up from his bed, while he rubbed his eye. He observed his surroundings and the first thing that caught his eye were needles injected into the underside of both his forearms. He gulped. He trailed where the tubes connected, and apparently, it was connected to an IV machine. Aside from that, he was inside a room with only a window for others to view him, a couch adjacent to his bed, and a 'Get better soon' sign from Mataro. He sighed as he allowed himself to lay on the bed once more. He gazed to his right. And on his right were at 7 plates filled with croquettes. He chuckled. He grabbed a croquette and took a bite out of it, chewed then swallowed... It was still as delicious as he remembered. He then started to reminisce. 

'I've said some rude things to Mr. and Mrs. Mankanshoku...' he thought to himself, taking a bite from a croquette. '...I should apologize.'

Then he started to skid off the bed, placing his bare feet on the cold floor, sending shivers. Though he was feeling a bit dizzy from the sudden movement, he decided to stay sitting down for a while. Then 10 seconds later, a doctor came in. He could tell she was one by the fact she had a white coat on, a clipboard in her right hand, and surgeon gloves. He never liked the scene of doctors coming in so prepared, especially if he was the one they were going to 'fix.'

"Kageyama, was it?" the doctor said.

"Uh...yes." the esper answered nervously.

She flipped the pages of her clipboard as she observed Mob from head to toe. He was able to take some quick glances at some of that pages, they were actually X-rays on him. He wasn't able to clearly see the page, but he was sure that it was about his right arm...at least, he thought it was.

Then the doctor stopped flipping the pages. "All right, so, Kageyama..."

Then there was this sudden tension Mob was feeling in his stomach. He didn't really want to know the results, but in the end, he inevitably has to. He mentally prepared himself for the worst...

"...You're good to go." she continued.

"...ah?"

"Right after you fell asleep, we took a scan of your internal damages, in which case, was your bones, muscles tissue, nerves, etcetera." said the doctor in a calm and relaxed tone. "When we first scanned your body, it was worse than us surgeons initially thought. You had broken bones at basically every part of your body. You bled internally through your muscles and organs and some of your nerves, miraculously though, your brain was just fine. Even so, we had to commence surgery immediately. Your friends didn't like the idea at first, but since it was the only choice we had, they eventually came along with it..."

Then there was this comfortable silence. It lasted really quickly.

"So right when we were about to do our thing, we took another quick scan of you..." she added. "And to our surprise, the damages to your body suddenly decreased! I-It was confusing at first, so just in case, we took another scan...A-And again, the damages to your body greatly decreased! Again! H-Honestly, it was something we'd never seen before... So at this point, we watched you...basically, heal yourself on a live scanning. It was a...unique experience... The only thing that made this experience 'unique' was that your healing process took less than three hours." Then she chuckled. "Are you sure you're human?" she joked.