Chapter 21

The air was heavy as the blood that wasn't his own trickled down his cheek. The esper felt a hand on his shoulder, though the weight of his visible rage filled the atmosphere. He turned to her. She gained a stern look and said.

"...Play along."

And that was all for him to know that this was part of the plan. Relieved, he let out a heavy sigh and nodded at her. She nodded back and gained an angered expression, ready to act out her part. She blasted toward Ragyo, and so did Mob.

"Damn you...RAGYOOO!!" she roared as she swung her blades at her.

The esper, on the other hand, didn't need to shout Ragyo's name, for his glare was enough to send shivers down her spine. He then shoved his hand at her and sent a huge explosion. He then sped toward the smoke to try and tackle her off the Original Fiber, but he suddenly stopped moving. Then that's when he realized, he was in her hold. He too noticed that Satsuki's attack was blocked by her mother's blade.

"You waste your time," she said, grinning. "It was only because Ryuko was fused with Life Fibers that you two could stand against me, however slightly. You, in that makeshift Kamui, cannot so much as slow me down," Then she gazed at Mob. "You, 'Mob' are still a threat I need to take care of. "

Then just like what happened in his fight with Ryuko, she started to absorb his energy. A rainbow hue enveloped her as she was doing so. And at that moment, he knew that he should stay as far away from her as he can, enough of a distance that he is still able to beat her. The esper then broke away from his hold and sent billions of volts of thunder at Ragyo. She laughed in glee as she was unaffected by the attack. He glared at her and was about to make another move, only for him to be suddenly dragged down to the ocean. He gargled as he tried to gasp for air, however, he was still being dragged. He willed himself to erect a barrier, however, due to the water filling his lungs, he was unable to concentrate. So as he was being drawn deeper and deeper into the sea, so did his consciousness. Before allowing that to happen, he did the only thing that none other than himself could do.

---

'Shit! Kageyama's dragged into the ocean!' Satsuki thought as Ragyo grabbed her face.

"Oh dear, worried about him? Well, fear not, I only plan on making him lose consciousness..." then she licked her lips. "And then he'll finally be in my possession."

Satsuki growled. "You won't get away with this, you bitch!"

Ragyo only grinned at her daughter's 'insult.' "Poor girl, who doesn't even know her own limitations...All you can do is go keep your little sister from being lonely," she said. "The one who is on her way to Hell."

"I admit it, perhaps I am a sham...But it is you who will differ for underestimating this sham!" Satsuki retorted.

"...How pathetic. What could you possibly do now?"

Satsuki's eyes flared, filled with determination as she made a wide grin. "I can buy time," she said. "I'm a decoy!"

Then from behind, Ragyo noticed a bright twinkling purple light zooming right at her. From afar, Ryuko bolted up to the sky as she let out a battle cry. She rose higher and higher into the sky and then took form.

"SHIPPU SENJI!" she roared as she plummeted directly inside the Primordial Life Fiber, penetrating its supposedly indestructible skin. 

At first, Ragyo was in utter confusion about how Ryuko was still alive. But when she further thought about how she survived, she finally understood how she still lived.

"When I bisected her, she deflected my blade and threw herself into the sea before her fibers could be completely cut!" she said to herself.

"That's right!" Satsuki proclaimed. "'Pretend to be killed by you, heal her wounds in the sea, and deliver the finishing blow to the Original Life Fiber.'" she quoted. "That was all Ryuko's plan."