Chapter 14: Deal with Lloyd

The council returned to the Vengestone warehouse and met with Harumi. They dropped the bags of money they were holding on the floor and smiled. Harumi reciprocated the smile and looked at Pythor. The council did the same. Pythor tried to return the money bag from his stomach, but couldn't. The snake began to whoop and choke as the bag lingered in its windpipe.

- Well spit it out!- hissed Aspheera. Pythor, in response, choked, trying to say ''You think it's so easy.''

Peacebreaker pushed the snake, which fell to the ground, supporting itself with its hands. She began to deal blows to his back, trying to help him. When that didn't work, she came up behind him and grabbed him with her arms. She began pressing his lower abdomen, using the Heimlich method. After a while, Pythor spat the bag out of his mouth, which was surprisingly intact. 

Aspheera and the others gasped and shuddered at disgusting event they witnessed.

Peacebreaker let go of Anacondrai, who fell to the ground.

- T-thank...you, think...that I'm going to die.- Pythor raised his voice. Peacebreaker nodded her head in recognition.

- Excellent work, Peacebreaker and council. With these funds, we will be able to afford parts for special weapons for the future army. - Harumi said.

- I can't even wait. And when will this happen?- asked Aspheera sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Harumi did not answer.

- Take it and bring it to the warehouse. Then we will begin to , "interrogate" our prisoner.-- hissed Harumi and turned sharply, starting to walk away. The council did not question this and they set off for the warehouse, dragging the bags of money behind them.

Peacebreaker stay, however, wondering something. In the back of her mind, a voice spoke to her. She misses the fight and the adrenaline. Everything is going too beautifully. She put a hand to her chin, thinking. Peacebreaker turned her gaze to the side corridor, where Lloyd is.

- What do you want?- asked Lloyd, keeping a close eye on the approaching Peacebreaker.

- I want to go with you on a deal. It is beneficial for you and for us.- replied Peacebreaker, facing him.

- What is it.- he asked, lowering his guard a bit. Peacebreaker looked around to see if anyone was eavesdropping and whispered to him.

- My proposal is this. I will let you go in exchange for your people. Lloyd croaked and shook his head. - I'd already rather sit here alone, than betray my friends.

- That's not what I mean, blondie. I'll let you go and we'll pretend, that you ran off on your own. Go back to your own and plan your attack. You'll bring them to a place I'll designate for you. I will bring the council and Harumi, there and our fight will happen. But we must work together. Do you understand?

- Why do you want our fight to happen? - the boy raised his eyebrow suspiciously.