Chapter 35: Finally some progress!

Saber, Misako and Master Wu are browsing through various books on the Ancient Force at the Great Ninjago Library.

They had been sitting there for over three hours and had only come across a fraction of the information they needed.

Saber groaned and banged his head on the table.

- We are wasting time! There is nothing here, just some trivia. There are no clues here about controlling the dead.

- Patience, Saber. We'll find something soon, we just have to keep looking.

- But this is a waste of time. We have to do something, before that mountain comes and save (Y/N)!

- Even if we find this information about the medium abilities, you must learn to control it.  - noted Master Wu.

- Great... When I finally get a chance to shine in the team and be important.... I always get hit with something stupid. Powers, from where, with which we save perhaps one of the most powerful people in the history of Ninjago. Awesome, you comforted me Master. 

Saber smiled sarcastically, and Wu furrowed his brow at his mockery. Suddenly, a beeping sound came from Saber's super collar.

- The collar! Answer an incoming call.

From the metal collar, a microphone slid out.

- Saber, this is Nya. You, Master Wu and Misako return to the base! Aaron and Kai have returned. And... an unexpected visitor.

- Well, finally! We'll be back soon.

- Oh, and get all the books on your powers.

- Ok. Over and out. 

The microphone returned to the collar and Saber looked at Misako and Wu. They grabbed all the books on power and headed for the exit.

 = Skipping time=

- Glad to see we are finally making some progress! What have you been able to determine? - asked the lion, approaching the gathered people.

- With Aya on our side, we have a chance to recover (Y/N) from the hands of the Crystal King. - informed Kai.

- This will give us a later advantage on the battlefield. - added Clay.

- And besides, (T/N) will be safe. - said with furrowed brows Aaron.

The lion looked at the Mistress of Magic and smiled. The woman reciprocated the smile. Saber looked to the side and widened his eyes in shock.

He glanced at Kai and Aaron, quietly asking: "Where did you get the dragon"?

Kai answered: "Aaron adopted it for himself.''

The lion's jaw dropped, but he shook his head as the dragon came up to him and sniffed him. He backed away slightly, hissing at the beast.

- However, recovering (Y/N) won't be so easy. According to analysis from this.... monitoring? You mentioned, Peacebreaker has discovered most of her's power.... I dare to suspect, that Serpentine, may have helped her do so. 

- Well great! Pythor and Aspheera always help with this, if it's worth it to them. To our detriment, of course! Always! Revenge, revenge and revenge! - grieved Jay. 

- Calm down. We also have two more news. - Lloyd said.

- Let me guess. Good news?

- The good thing is, that we know how to save her.

- And what is the bad one?

-.... We don't know, where to find Peacebreaker.

- And there's more good news. - continued Clay.

- What is it?

- Peacebreaker has broken her contract with the Crystal King.

- What, really? - everyone asked shocked.

- Yes. City cameras spotted the passing corruption and what's more, we managed to hear a piece of the conversation. She admitted that she is now indifferent to what the Crystal King is doing and has no intention of listening to him anymore.

- What's next?

- There is bad news. She still seeks revenge on you and wants to kill us all. 

- Better such progress than none at all. - Aaron said.

- Great. And how do we save (Y/N)?

- The key to accomplishing this mission is you, Saber. You're a medium, you need to learn to control the spirits, quickly. Once you do, you can appropriate and have (Y/N) as your spirit. That's enough for us for now. We need to take over (T/N) so that she is no longer under Peacebraker's custody. The most important thing is, that (T/N) should be on our side. - explained Aya.

- Ok... But there are two comments about this plan. The first, how do I do it? I don't even have a teacher, to show me! Second... what are we going to do with that mountain and the werewolf army?

- Destroying this mountain is an art. We need great power of destruction. Power...

- Oh no, just don't tell me that's, what I'm thinking about. - Wu said.

- I'm afraid, it is. We need the power... - began Aya, when she was interrupted by a dark voice.

- You need the power of Oni. My power.

Everyone gasped and turned, to see someone, most of them didn't want to see again.

The same, sinister, cruel and vicious ruler....

Lord Garmadon.