Part Five, Chapter Sixty-Seven: Cerberus Corporation

Based on the Volition Inc.™ game: Saints Row – Gat out of Hell™

VIOLA

The only thing Vogel told me to do was get to this address. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't a warehouse labelled "Cerberus Corporation" with the three-headed dog slobbering in its label. Whoever I was recruiting had a very poor taste and no eye for design.

I actually wish to know whom I was actually saving for Vogel. He neither told me their name, nor did he specify what their life had been. This mystery was killing but at least I got from the subtile of "Cerberus Corporation" that it was a weapons and narcotics salesman.

I was forced to the ground by two consecutive stings in my chest and a burning inside my blood. I had felt it once, right before getting new powers stored into the halo. Kinzie or Johnny had gotten me another two to work with. The cold flowing down my spine was very soothing after that agony.

With a big gulp, I dared myself into the little side-door of the warehouse. It was loaded with crates and little square packages. All professionally sealed and ready for shipment. At least that person knew their craft better than designing logos and coming up with brand-names.

I walked up a flight of grate stairs that led up to a little platform overseeing the entire warehouse. There was a couch and a coffee table with a steaming mug on it. Whoever I had to rescue was home.

I looked around a little more and saw the back of someone bending over something that looked like blueprints but I couldn't make out of what those blueprints were. The person seemed much invested in them.

I cleared my throat throat but the person was probably expecting someone else, for they grabbed their submachine guns and started hailing me with bullets. Fortunately, I managed to protect myself from those with the Morgenstern's wings. One of the helpful "starter abilities" we had been blessed with.

Once their clip were empty, I removed the wings of my face and looked my sister straight in the eyes. It was like staring into a mirror image because she had widened her eyes as much as I felt mine had widened. Fuck you Vogel! How could you not have told me?!

There was a tear running down Kiki's cheek but it was swiped off by a genuine smile. The type of smile one couldn't hold back right before seeing his friends after the summer break.

I could force one too and moved closer with slow steps, waiting for her to open her arms and I to fall into her much needed hug. She hugged as tightly as I remembered it from her, not willing to let go of me anytime soon.

"We're about to get company, Vi."

She whispered in her sweet angelic voice that I had not even realized how much I had missed and forgotten. I had missed her too little than I would have expected from me. We had been inseparable all our lives and now that we were reunited, I felt complete again.

"I figured. The shooting and stuff..."

I replied just as softly, catching myself sob into her hair. She too couldn't hold back the sobs. I never would have hoped for my faith to turn out any better. I had dreamed of this moment. To see my sister again and catch on up all the lost time.

"...Vogel sends me to get you."

"I know. And I have something for you, Vi..."

She held out her hands and a slightly charred parchment scroll materialized into her palm. She broke contact and looked me in the eyes again with her wide smile.

I took the scroll and once again felt the dreaded pain inside me. Only that it wasn't as painful when I learned the spells myself. Ha! That's for letting me suffer three times, Johnny and / or Kinzie.

"Should help us get rid of the demons coming for me. Satan has figured out what Vogel is trying to do. Say, why do we want to free our arch-enemy from his grasp? And I assume you didn't die..."

I laughed. She had not changed a bit. Still as nosy as she had been before Killbane took her from me. I chuckled slightly.

"She's not that bad. Kind and sweet, actually..."

Kiki raised one eyebrow. She did not want to refer to this, I could see. Mom and dad had always had a problem with this but when they kicked me out, she came with me nonetheless. We had missed them awfully but kept each other company and I loved her for it, all the goddamn way.

"...And no, I didn't die. She got sucked down here by accident and we're here to save her with Johnny and Kinzie."

I had forgotten how much her facial expressions made me laugh.

"Johnny? Gat? And Kinzie Kensington? That girl whose life Matt destroyed?"

I chuckled once more.

"There's so much I have to tell you."

She smiled in response and hugged me once more.

"Let's kill us some demons first, yeah?"

I broke the hug this time, smirking at her my most audacious smirk and not even thinking about breaking eye contact with my sister. She returned that fierce look back to me.

"I thought you were never gonna say it..."