Part Five, Chapter Seventy: One Hell of a Ceremony

Based on the Volition Inc.™ game: Saints Row – Gat out of Hell™

JEZEBEL

"Father is such an asshole...!"

I screamed after slamming the door behind me as hard as possible and jumping face-first onto my four-poster. I screamed loudly into the pillow.

"...Can you believe it?! He just tried to kill me!"

I energetically flipped myself onto my back. My room was silent as always but now, I had someone to listen to me at least. I turned my head towards the purple crystal that was pulsing in pinker light. One could always see the silhouette of the person I was supposed to marry whenever it blinked. He was a good listener...

"I know that father doesn't like me but to kill me? That is a personal low..."

I sighed and slid off the bed, resting my feet against the base of the crystal as I took a seat on the floor and touched the bed with my back. I pulled out a pink photobook from under it which was decorated with my name written in equally pink glitter. I sighed and flipped it open. Whenever I felt down, I liked to sing...

"I'm sick of perdition, so tired of tradition
But now my time has come!
To go break away, to live for today
To stand out beneath the sun!
I know there has to be some way for me to be free
Just living a life that's far from this strife and tortuous pain!
Someplace that's far from here
And not awash with fear
Oh God I can't wait
To cast all this hate I want to find love!
There's a big wide world for me to explore
So many things that I don't know
Like would I like ice cream, how do I feel about cats
And is NyteBlayde my new favorite show?
But until that time, I'm stuck in this hell
A relentless tempest of rage
Surrounded by guards, betrothed by my father
Trapped inside this gilded cage...
Johnny Gat!
...Hope! I feel hope
For the first time I've ever in my life!
Gat, is the name
That cuts through my father like a knife!
The seed of rebellion, it grows like a weed
And someone so violent, is just what I need
There's no turning back now, the die has been cast
This sinner has found her Saint, I'll be free at last
The people, the music, it waits up above
I know i'll be happy, when I find love
I know I'll be happy... WHEN I FIND LOVE!"

Father and I used to sing like that but that time was long gone. Ever since he had my mother murdered, he had turned into this cold being that my siblings were familiar with all their lives. Every time they used to ask mom "Auntie Mina, how come father has changed so much around you?" but she only laughed and gave them a kiss, answering their question. My mother was a skilled Enchantress but even her powers had a limit. That had been her death-sentence.

I didn't know if I was happy about marrying, now that I had time to think about it and reflect on things. The wedding would take place in just a couple of hours and I've managed to find all kinds of weird stuff to read about already.

Some books had answered my questions, others had just frightened me or told me about rituals and ceremonies and that marrying young meant that the girl was fresher and more innocent and therefore easier to dominate over. I was revolted by this.