Part Five, Chapter Seventy-One: The Rise of the Phoenix

Based on the Volition Inc.™ game: Saints Row – Gat out of Hell™

EVANORA

I felt the crystal loosen around my body. It was almost as if it melted away, waiting for me to push the shards off my body exactly which I did with my hands stretched out to my sides. I jumped out of my shell and high into the air, transforming the uncomfortable blue overall into something suitable for the return of the Witch of the East. A sparkling green dress, turning black towards the bottom with a smooth gradient. My sleeves were of fishnets and I returned my necklace to where it belonged along the silver rings. I could sense Bryn's doll inside the knapsack dangling from my wrist.

I fell to my knees, my wavy brick-red hair hung in streaks in front of my face and as I raised my head, my green eyes were crackling with bright glowing sparks. I had knocked out not only the group of demons but the grand demon himself out with my drop that had sent out a shockwave of my magic that I had missed with all my heart. Jezebel's mouth was standing wide open, eyes almost popping out if her skull.

"I almost got married to a woman?"

I smiled in amusement, still feeling the lightning crackle between my fingertips as I raised myself upright.

"Emphasis on the 'almost', dear."

I cracked my neck that had cramped inside the crystal and took a deep breath of coaly, infernal air. I have always wanted to visit Inferno and especially Lucifer Morgenstern's legendary throne room.

"... Oh how I've missed this!"

I whispered before jolting upwards, leaping above my rescuers' heads, radiating electricity which I charged into the ground, frying every demon in the room. I waved my hand at the door making it fly back into its hinges, before sealing it with a powerful rune that I had drawn into the air and pushed at it.

Satan was alone and unprotected now, forced to stand up for himself if he wanted to stay in charge of New Hades. But he only went for his throne and sealed himself behind a magic ward.

I lowered myself from my hover and looked around at each of my rescuers, the demon king being one of my smaller worries right now. I hugged Johnny, Kinzie and Viola tightly, thanking them for coming here for me. I shook Kiki's and Vogel's hand skeptically when I caught their eyes but expressed my gratitude towards them as well before going over to meet Jezebel and the Lieutenants of New Hades. I walked over to the demon girl, kissed her on the cheek in thanks and placed a motherly hand on her shoulder.

"You sing very well, dear. And know that if you have any more troubles, you always have a friend in me: Evanora of the Green Dawns – the Witch of the East."

"So you could hear me?"

She asked, slightly ashamed but her face couldn't get any redder than it already was, could it?

"I could. But don't be ashamed. I enjoyed listening to you. As I said, you have a friend in me..."

I waited for her to return the sentiment with a hug before I finished my line of thought.

"... What do you say: Are you in to throw your dad off power? I bet the Arch Dukes won't mind... I am even sure, your siblings will stand behind you more than they have ever with dear Lucifer."

She chuckled quietly and we hugged before I went on to the next person. I had never met William Shakespeare before but wanted to desperately, ever since father used to tell me and my sisters about him as kids but unfortunately, he had died young and I had never gotten the chance to say hello.

He looked far spookier than I would have imagined, his purple eyes smoking dangerously and his hair – surrounding a big, bald patch – was standing messily to all sides.