Chapter 6

Right.

Left.

Duck.

Swerve.

Faster.

Left.
Uppercut.
Swerve.
Duck.

Faster.

Right. Left. Right.
Swerve.
Duck.
Uppercut. Left. Left.
Block.

FASTER.

Block.
Right. Left.
Swerve.
Duck.
Kick.
Uppercut!

I watched each of Vi's movements intensely, occasionally looking back and forth at the score board. I watched as her name rose quickly, getting higher and higher to the top score...my score.

I clenched the railing of the ring as she landed her final blow on the machine. A buzzer sounded as Vi grunted from exhaustion. We both looked to the score board...she had passed me and took my spot at the top. I rolled my eyes and scoffed as I pushed off the railing.

"Remind me why we bother with this dump?" Mylo said as he fiddled with an arcade game gun.

"Vander said to lay low, enforcers never come down here so this place is as good as any." Violet shrugged as she took a seat on a bench near the ring.

"Aw what's the matter Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?" I teased as I went over to sit with Claggor in a corner. Claggor snickered at my comment.

"Hey why don't you worry about your little boxing thing with Vi" Mylo nodded to the score board and smirked. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Besides, if she didn't keep fixing these things I wouldn't keep missing."

Powder popped up from behind the game counter and plugged two huge wires in together. This caused the whole game to come to life with neon lights and moving targets. Mylo groaned and began shooting at the targets, missing every shot. Me and Claggor watched him, snickering to each other.

"You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle....right?" Vi asked.

"Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done!" Mylo said enthusiastically as he set his gun down.

"You and my dad's little talk must've really got under your skin" I scoffed.

Vi sighed and nodded lightly.

"It was great. Maybe just don't take Powder next time." Mylo shrugged.

Powder glared at him before loading up her gun and taking aim. She took a short pause before hitting each and every target twice with ease. She set her gun down on the counter and made a smug face at Mylo before walking off. I got up and high fived her as she passed me, walking over to a big, dirty stain glass window.

Claggor pulled out a deck of cards from his pocket and wiggled them in the air in front of me. I smirked and raised an eyebrow at him as my way of asking him if he was sure about playing against me. He knew I was the best out of all of us in any card game, he knew he'd lose. He nodded and smirked back at me.

"Alright but it's your funeral" I laughed as I sat down.

Claggor had just began dealing the cards when Powder walked over to us.

"Hey guys!" She started to get our attention. "You might wanna see—"

Just then, a man came flying through the window. Powder and I let out a scream as he flew by us and tumbled hard to the ground in front of me.

My head whipped around to the now shattered window. A small group of enforcers stood in front of it, staring at us. We paused, not knowing what to do.

"Search them" One of the enforcers growled.