Chapter 7

(Don't play the song yet-👩🏽‍💻)

"So you just...tighten the...spikes..here" Ekko strained as he twirled the spikes as hard as he could with a tool. "And voila!"

"Woah! It looks better than I imagined it!" I exclaimed happily as I examined the boots.

"Yep! I've gotta run but maybe tomorrow we can test the retraction?" He smiled cheekily, awaiting my answer.

I rolled my eyes at his nerdy smile and laughed. "Yea sure"

"Ok cool! I'll see you guys later!" Ekko called out as he ran up the small steps and out of the room.

"See ya!" Mylo called out.

"Bye" Powder waved.

Claggor stumbled into the room with a huge box in his arms. He set the box down onto the table with a huge thud, knocking over the tools that previously sat in its current place.

"Hey! you couldn't have waited until I cleaned it up?!" I groaned.

"Oh s-sorry, it was getting pretty heavy." Claggor apologized as he helped me pick up the rest of the tools and placed them in the box.

"Is my dad back yet? I forgot where this usually goes" I said as I picked up the toolbox that I had found under the couch.

"Uh nope. He's been gone for a while. Should we be worried?" Claggor asked.

"About Vander? Please" Mylo scoffed.

I pushed the tool box onto a nearby shelf. My mother's chain knife sat beside it. I glanced at it and paused for a moment. I sighed and grabbed it off the shelf.

"Oh no no no" Mylo said as he got up. "Take that outside. I'm not coming close to losing my limbs again because you want to play with your mom's stuff."

"Oh? You didn't know? That was a warning shot. Maybe don't be an ass and you won't lose a limb" I smirked. He rolled his eyes and sat back down. "Besides, it's training. My mom said I could have this one day, it's no use to me if I don't know how to use it."

"I gotta say, Scar, you're one headstrong kid. I wish I was like you when I was your age" Claggor chuckled.

I smiled and unraveled the chains. I began spinning it around at my sides before throwing it out in front of me. A slicing sound pierced through the room. The knife fell to the floor.

"I still can't understand how she kept it up" I sighed as I pulled the knife back to me.

I exhaled a breath before swinging the blade again. I began swinging it all around my body, I spun around and threw the blade out in front of me at a pillar, striking it. I immediately pulled the blade back towards me, moving to the side and letting it hit the ground beside me.

"I did it!" I squealed.

"Nice job!" Claggor said giving me a high five.

"Alright!" Mylo said as he placed all the weapons he and Claggor had been working with on the table. "Well, if the enforcers hit tonight, we'll be ready...I think."

"Dibs on the bat" Claggor said quickly.

"No no no no! I found it!" Mylo argued.

"And I called it" Claggor responded.

"But I found it!" Mylo groaned.

"And I called dibs!" Claggor exclaimed.

"Would you stop being such a big baby" Mylo shouted.

I groaned, drowning out their petty bickering. I looked over to Powder who was laying down in her bed, cuddling a bunny with a sad look on her face. I set the chain knife down on an old desk near her bed and took a seat beside her.