Chapter 2: TRUTH OR DARE

Nick and Abi went out in the woods to get some firewood, Emma and Jacob went to the general store for supplies, Kaitlyn walked to the scenic route, and Ryan, Dylan, and I went to Mr. H's office hoping to charge our phones.

We walked up to the entrance door of the lodge and opened it. It's crazy how empty it is. One minute all the kids are running around and then boom, they are all gone.

We headed into Mr. H's office.

I went to check Mr. H's cabinets and drawers to see if he had any chargers. "Bingo!" I exclaimed once I found some.

"How many did you find?" Dylan asked.

"Two."

"Can I charge my phone too?"

"Yes of course."

I went over to an outlet and we both plugged in our phones.

Ryan stood in the corner all mysterious like he always was, while Dylan and I snooped around.

"Alright... the inner sanctum!" Dylan exclaimed, nodding his head.

"It's just an office," Ryan replied.

Dylan went up to Ryan and enthusiastically told him, "This is where the magic happens."

"Yeah. Let's just make this quick." He smirked, shaking his head.

As Dylan walked around the office, I leaned on the wall with my arms crossed and asked Ryan, "Podcasts, huh?"

"Yeah..."

"Uh, what's it called? The one you're listening to right now?"

"Uh. Bizarre Yet Bona Fide."

"So like, ghosts and stuff?"

"It's like... um, yeah, the weird and the wonderful. Digging up weird mysteries and discussing if they're, well bona fide."

"Oh that's cool." I replied with a smile. Dylan turned his head to look at him, a smirk on his face. "Bonerfide?"

Ryan and I blankly stare at Dylan as he muttered, "Boner? Boner-Fide..?"

"Your wit knows no bounds," Ryan told him as he pointed to Dylan.

I chuckled with an eye roll as I began walking around the room.

"So... should we check out what Mr. H keeps in his private den of sin?" Dylan asked us.

"Ah, I dunno man, I feel a little weird going through his stuff..." Ryan stuttered.

"Listen, I don't think Chris would like it if we snuck around.." I implied. Since I knew Chris through and through, I knew he definitely would not like if we went through his stuff. Even me.

"Yeah, well I don't feel weird!" Dylan said with a cheeky smile.

"I mean, come on, what kind of dirty secrets does the owner of a summer camp filled with impressionable young children gonna have anyway?"

I gave Dylan a look, and so did Ryan. Dylan laughed and mumbled, "Not Mr. H, I know. He's cool."

Dylan walked over to Mr. H's desk and picked up the picture of Kaylee, Chris, and Caleb Hackett.

"Kaylee and Caleb Hackett. Weird kids, huh?" Dylan muttered, looking at the picture.

I furrowed my brows. "They're not weird."

"Yeah, Yeah... They are pretty reclusive, you have to admit."

He placed the picture back down on the desk.