Chapter 6: PRAYERS BY NIGHT.

"NO! No, it can't be Kaylee!" I shout while sobbing.

Tonight has been one of the worst nights of my life... first my hand and now... Kaylee is dead? Kaylee is Mr. Hackett's daughter aka Chris. She is like a sister to me. I grew up with her and now she's gone?

Ryan wraps his arms around me and rubs my back. I sob in his arms while the others continue to talk.

"Why was she out here?" Kaitlyn asked.

"I don't know...! Chris told me and Phoebe that they left campus." Ryan said, confused.

"Abi, Pheebs you okay? " Kaitlyn asked.

We both nod while I say, "I don't know who that other woman was. I've never seen her before... but why would she shoot Kaylee?!!" I ask, furious.

"I don't know... but before that crazy woman starts shooting all of us we need to find a hiding spot," Kaitlyn suggests.

"Nick..." Abi mutters.

We all look at Abi and Nick and we see that Abi is trying to get Nick off but he won't. He's breathing so loud...

"You smell so good..." He whispers. He pulls her closer, making Abi obviously uncomfortable.

I let go of Ryan and put my hand on Nick's shoulder.

"You okay, bud? Maybe dial it back a bit, huh?" I say.

He looks back at me and all I see are his creepy yellow eyes with dark eye bags.

"Fuck off Phoebe." He shouts with anger. Ryan pushes me behind him and hits Nick on the shoulder.

"The fuck man!!?" Ryan shouts. Nick doesn't do anything and continues to pull Abi closer to him.

Abi struggles to get him off. "Nick... what are you..." She asks.

"I want to taste you..." He whispers.

"Hey-" She shouts.

"Come here..." He says while putting his arms around her neck. Nick puts his face very close to Abi's while grunting.

"Nick, what the hell-" She asks, freaked out.

"Get off-" She tries to push him but it doesn't do anything.

"I said get OFF!" She shouts while finally pushing Nick into the pool.

"...Nick?" She whispers. I go up to her and rub her back. She looks so scared.

All of a sudden, Nick shoots up from the water and starts screaming at the top of his lungs. He's flapping his legs and hands in the water, almost like he's gone physco.

We all shout Nick's name. What am I seeing? Is the black substance that was in his leg doing this?

"I just wanted him to stop..." Abi tells us.

"Nick! Dude!" Ryan shouts.

Kaitlyn goes over to the freaked-out Nick and helps him out of the water. He lays down on the pavement shivering.

"What did I do...?" Abi whispers freaked out.

"Abi, hun, you didn't do anything! You were trying to defend yourself." I tell her.

She goes down to Nick's level and touches his arm. She looks up at us. "He's freezing..."

"Okay, I- let's get him in the pool house. Dry him off. We can stay there until dawn." I tell the group.