Chapter 1: HACKETT'S QUARRY FOREVER!

It was the end of summer and all the kids were leaving the summer camp. I was sad leaving. I grew up in the woods so leaving Hackett's Quarry was very hard, I mean all of us counselors did spend 2 months here. It ended so fast. We were in a wooded area with birds and little animals making beautiful noises. The sun was setting which made the aesthetic peaceful and calming. I realized that I fazed out and I saw the buses were finally leaving with the kids.

Emma waved to the kids as she yelled "Bye!"

"I will miss you so much!" I yelled.

"Later!" Nick yelled in his Australian accent. All the other counselors, except Ryan who was sitting near the bunker, were shouting to the kids saying their last goodbyes.

"You know how many hearts are broken on the last day of summer camp? It's like a romance apocalypse," Kaitlyn said while walking down the stairs with me and Jacob.

We all look at each other and Jacob said, "I mean you never know..maybe the universe has a way of working things out."

Me and Kaitlyn exchange weird looks and I say, "The universe?" while looking him straight in the eye.

He struggles and stutters, "Yeah, like the er, the...cosmic...space...gods."

"Space gods?" Kaitlyn and I both say at the same time.

"You heard me," Jacob said with a very confident look on his face.

"Okay, spill it," Kaitlyn said.

I automatically knew what Kaitlyn was talking about.

Jacob looked over at Emma for split second and said, "Nothing to spill, you know, we're cool."

"Oh so cool," I said.

"We are 'super' cool..." Jacob said to me.

I could tell Jacob was getting a little emotional. Even though he looks big and tough, there's a little sensitive boy in him.

"So she dumped your ass, huh," Kaitlyn said while smirking.

We then all go to Mr. Hackett's car. Emma walks past us so Jacob said, "Quit it!" to us since Kaitlyn and I are laughing.

"Hi, Emma!" Kaitlyn shouts.

"Hey," Emma replies with a smirk on her face. Jacob sighs and I give him two pats on his chest while laughing.

I go up to the trunk and I see a bunch of bags shoved in there. Most of them being mine and Emma's.

"Okay, this is, um...you've heard of spatial awareness before, right?" Jacob asks me knowing the bags are mostly mine.

"Nah, spatial awareness is for nerds," Kaitlyn said, looking Jacob up and down. "We'll try our best to fit everything in here. We'll find a way." I said while crossing my arms.

"Ah, be a lamb and grab the last couple of bags for me and Phoebe, will ya?" Kaitlyn asked while smirking at Jacob.

He looked over at us for sympathy but I gave him a pleading look. "Yes, boss." He replied in an annoyed tone.

"Say hi to Emma for me!" Kaitlyn shouted as he started to walk up the stairs of the lodge. He looked over and gave us a fake smile.

"You're a bad person." He yelled at Kaitlyn. "Yes I am!" She shouted back. Yes, I picked on Jacob here and there but I found it kinda mean of Kaitlyn for picking on him so much but I just ignored it. It was the normal.

While Kaitlyn and I waited for Jacob, we started to talk, "I wonder why Emma broke up with Jacob the second camp ended. They could've done long distance." I admitted.