Childhood Bestfriends

She was nervous as hell. It's their last school day and the school is buzzing with different activities for the graduating class. The 7th graders are all running around, writing farewell notes on their schoolmates' uniforms as remembrance. Some are also giving away farewell gifts like flowers, chocolates, stuffed toys and even handwritten letters. From an outsider's point of view, this scene is like a scene from a Valentine's Day film where everyone is so happy and in love. But it's not. Because today, is the day where Pranpriya will confess to her friend and the first ever girl she has a crush on, Palisa. And boy was she nervous!

"So? How are you gonna do it?" Her P'Diana asked. She came to visit them in their classroom, uniform already filled with well wishes for her senior highschool years. She picked out one of the chips that was laid on Pranpriya's desk and opened it.

"I wrote her a letter last night and even bought her favorite flowers. See?" she nervously replied and showed her older friend the yellow rose that Palisa loves and on its stem is where she tied the letter she wrote with a cute little sticker of an ant.

"Talk about effort, Pran!" Ariya squealed. "I'm sure Ant's gonna love it and would most likely like you back."

"You think so?" she asked, eyes full of hope. Her friends all shrugged their shoulders but she didn't care. She just wants to get this over and done with and hope that what Ariya said is true.

•••

"Yo Pran, we're needed at the gym for practice!" she heard Bambam call from the corridor of their building.

"Practice? What for?" Ariya asked.

"It's for the dance competition we'll be joining this summer." she replied and stood up from her desk before running after her bestfriend.

"What's with the flower?" Bambam asked. "Aww, Pran is that for me?" he added and even made twinkly eyes. Pranpriya punched him on the shoulder and the boy just laughed.

"Stupid. This is for Ant." she replied nonchalantly.

"Ant?! Wait, you're doing it today?!" he asked.

"Yeah. I think it's better that I do it today you know? Since we're all doing farewell notes on our uniforms and giving away gifts anyway."

"But I thought you're gonna do it on her birthday?"

"I can't, Bam. Yāy and I are moving to Korea remember? And her birthday is within those days. So my only option is now."

"Oh right. You did mention Korea... But you'll still be able to make it to the competition right? We've been practicing this for months, Pran!"

"Of course! I talked to yāy about this already and she agreed that we'll just leave a day after the competition."

"Alright, cool!" he nods. "So? Are you ready to confess to Ant?" he asks as he slings his arm over her shoulders.

"I'm nervous as hell, man." she said and the young boy patted her head as if to assure her that it's going to be alright.

•••

They arrived at the gym where most of their dance crew are already doing their stretches. Bambam went straight to where Ten and Nickhun are and joined in with discussing and practicing their choreography.

"Priyaaa!" Pranpriya looked at the only one who calls her that and immediately, her lips stretched out into a full-blown smile.

"Ant!" she squealed then ran up to where she was standing and gave the other girl a hug.

"Hi, Pran!" They're other friends, Minnie and Sorn, greeted her and she hugged them in return.

"You look so excited." Palisa observed and Pranpriya felt her cheeks heat up both from nervousness on what she's about to do at the end of the day and from the weird feeling she has in her stomach everytime Palisa talks to her.