Date

The next day, Ishaani got mad and yelled at me to take a day off from work since I still had a little bit of temperature

The next day, Ishaani got mad and yelled at me to take a day off from work since I still had a little bit of temperature. I heeded and stayed in bed the entire day. Ishaani took a day off too though I insisted she didn't have too and that she could possibly get sick too.

"I don't want to! After last night, I don't want to leave you and go anywhere and I don't care if I get sick. We both can be sick together." She said as she snuggled closer to my chest whilst tracing random patterns on it. She cooked meals and fed them to me, forced me to take medicines after that and kept fussing the entire day.

All this only made me realise her concern and care for me and how last night gave her quite a scare. It warmed my heart to see her vigilance but also trapped me in guilt. Guilt for not being able to love her the way she deserves and for hurting her for no reason. As she snuggled closer to my chest, fast asleep, I decided to make it up to her and take her out on a date.

She might not be the kind of wife I wanted, but she is the wife I got and I'll have to live with it. I might not love her like she expects and deserves but I sure will respect her place in my life as my wife.

I'll make it up to her!

And with that promise, I fell into a deep slumber, cuddling with my wife for the first time since we married.

***

The next day, we fell back into the same routine. Everything went back to how it was before the party and it gave me a sense of relief and peace.

Ever since the party, I've been agitated and annoyed, not knowing the reason and now I know. Unknowingly, Ishaani's presence has made a huge impact on my life and surprisingly this change only warmed my heart rather than disturbing it.

I could feel it! I could feel how my feelings have changed looking at the care, concern and love my wife had for me.

"Ishaani, would you like to go on a date tonight?" and hence that slipped out of my mouth as I stood in front of her, the kitchen counter serving as an obstacle between us.

Did I regret it?
No!

Did I expect her reaction?
Hell to the fucking no!

I didn't expect her to jump for joy but at least a smile would have sufficed. But instead, I was greeted with a deep frown on her face.

Was that not how I'm supposed to ask someone on a date?

It has worked before with my ex-girlfriends.