That Day

"Where were you Zeyansh?" I asked my husband, tired of everything

"Where were you Zeyansh?" I asked my husband, tired of everything. I don't think I had it in me to play this game with him.

"Work." was all he answered before he went to go shower. I sighed as I decided to let it go and go to bed. I had had my dinner and did the dishes. If he was hungry, he could make himself something. I don't get appreciated enough to do extra chores for him.

After the tiring day I had, I hoped I would drift away when my head hit the pillow but that didn't seem to be the case. I stared at the ceiling in the dark as I listened to the water run in the bathroom. I also heard Zeyansh's phone ping with notifications. After a couple of tries previously, I honestly gave up. Though he has notifications turned on, he's set it up so as to hide its contents and there's obviously no way that Zeyansh would give me his phone's password because we're not that close.

How ironic when he's my husband and I'm his wife!

After trying to count sheep and still failing to have sleep grace me with its presence, I couldn't help but think of that....that day!

It's been two months since that day.

***

Aditya Singh Rathore

The first man who was close to me, someone who didn't have a familial bond with me.

The first man who made me feel everything.

The first man who made me want to be numb.

The first man I tried to forget.

He wasn't the same boy I used to know.

Here he stood, transformed from a boy to a man, a muscled and tall man.

Everything blurred as I took him in, in his white button-down shirt and black well-tailored trousers. He had his white coat neatly hanging on his arm and his stethoscope wrapped around his neck. He looked like every girl's wet dream.

I remembered that I had a husband when he cleared his throat. He glared at me and then moved his glare back to Aditya. I didn't feel bad for ogling another man with my husband in the same room, but oh well, if the said husband had had the same courtesy and morals, maybe I would have felt a little bad.

"Who are you and what do you mean taking over my job?" he asked, clearly frustrated and annoyed.

"As I said, I'm your temporary replacement and I'm here to check you and give you the green light for your discharge," Aditya said calmly, not bothered by Zeyansh's attitude.

It was that calm nature of his that balanced my once-crazy self.

"Well I'm fine and I don't think I need you to be telling otherwise. I would like to get discharged." Zeyansh stated sharply.

Well, he sounds stupid. Just because he's a doctor doesn't mean he can be disrespectful to other doctors who are trying to do their job. Where was this salty attitude of his when that fucking bitch was checking up on him? I rolled my eyes at his attitude and told Zeyansh to let the doctor do his job, all whilst ignoring eye contact with the said doctor. I was afraid that he still would be able to read me well like he used to. There was a part of me that said that it would be impossible for him to read me after all these years considering that both of us had changed and most importantly, the bond between us had changed.