Sinful

The next day, Natasha contacted me and asked if I could take half a day off so as to go shopping for the party and get ready

The next day, Natasha contacted me and asked if I could take half a day off so as to go shopping for the party and get ready. Though I wasn't really excited about shopping and looking nice for the party, I really looked forward to hanging out with Natasha. After I was granted permission to take the rest of the day off, I let Natasha know that I'd meet her at the mall.

Natasha chose a beautiful red satin sleeveless dress with a thigh-high slit and paired it with red stilettoes. She insisted I get a dress as well but I wasn't sure if I would look flattering in it considering my size. So I decided to go with one of three outfits that I'm comfortable with; a saree, with the other two being Kurtis and shirts. I chose a black net full-sleeved blouse paired with a net saree which looked like an elegant and timeless combination. The blouse is made of sheer black net fabric, which adds a touch of allure to the overall look. The full sleeves provide coverage while showing off a bit of sexiness. The saree, no doubt, would be see-through but I wasn't really much bothered about it. I decided to pair it with the black pencil heels I had back at home. Natasha suggested we go to the salon to get our hair and makeup done and I obliged. I had my hair styled in loose curls with my makeup done to perfection and a red lip to pull the entire outfit together while Natasha went for a classy chignon and a red lip. After we were done, we only had two more hours till the party started, so we parted ways.

***

I wasn't surprised when I didn't get a text from Zeyansh informing me if he was going to pick me up or not. Since I wasn't expecting it, I wasn't hurt but I was disappointed though. With a sigh, I left the apartment and went out to get my car so that I could drive up to his event all alone. Though it was disheartening, I steeled myself.

After arriving at the venue, I hesitated to walk in, my social anxiety catching up to me. At the last party, Zeyansh had waited out for me, and that helped me to a certain extent. But today, he had left me on my own. I had gotten a message from him right before I reached the venue that he was already inside. I hated myself for wishing I had someone to help me through it, I hated myself for being emotionally dependent. But the fact that, I truly had no one to call my own, remained. All the gutsiness that I had gathered in the last 24 hours vanished. The memories from the last party also did not help. My own husband had his eyes on someone else when I had solely gotten dressed to please him, when I was solely there just for him. I didn't doubt that this time would be any different. Perhaps it would be worse!

Maybe I could just leave now and make up an excuse of having come down with food poisoning. I could enjoy Natasha's company some other time, probably go shopping again. By the minute, that sounded very pleasing to me and it soothed the panic attack that was slowly but steadily rising.

With my mind made up, I was about to walk away when I felt something touch my exposed back. Startled, I jumped and turned around to find the last person I would have expected right at that moment.

Aditya

Here we go again with that look he used to give me all those years ago. When the familiarity of his gaze hit me, it subdued the remnants of my anxiety, bringing me to a state of calm only he could achieve.