Their Journey?

After Ishaani left for the bathroom, I really did feel bad

After Ishaani left for the bathroom, I really did feel bad. I really did.

I was starting to get worried when she wasn't coming out after it got a bit late. I saw Natasha give me the stink eye.

They probably think I'm the worst husband ever.

But are they wrong? My mind asked me and I couldn't give an answer.

Natasha dragged her husband away from me, making sure to give me a look of contempt. I watched them walk to a corner and I watched her speak to her husband in frustration. She kept pointing at me and Varun was trying to stop her, giving me apologetic smiles in between. In the end, I watched him give in to her and never turned to look back at me.

I just ruined my reputation and it was all on me. Varun and Natasha probably think I'm a pervert. I bet my wife thinks the same too.

Speaking of her, she's been in there for a long time.

Did she leave without telling me because she was ashamed of me?

As time went on, I was worried about her. I stood there, all alone, waiting for her, waiting to apologize to her. I've already hurt her enough.

She wasn't at fault for anything and I know she doesn't deserve this. The moment I saw her look hurt today, I realized that I was being a jerk for no reason.

Last night, I knew she was hurt but she just went to sleep and didn't let me talk. She wasn't there this morning either but I had decided to talk to her tonight and apologize for being a jerk.

This marriage wasn't her fault. If I wanted, I could have talked to my parents but I was selfish and wanted to be on their good side, to stay the obedient boy they were proud of, so I had decided to marry her with no objections.

So I was going to apologize and have a fresh start with her from tomorrow onwards.

"Hey, Dr. Zeyansh! C'mon! Get yourself introduced to Dr. Tanisha." The dean said as he lead me to that beauty.

I watched her as she chatted with all her colleagues with that beautiful smile on her face. She was so outgoing and charismatic yet professional.

It was alluring!

"So Dr.Zeyansh I've heard about your caliber and I must say I really am impressed. I look forward to working with you on many operations." She told me as everyone dispersed for the couple's dance.

I was about to find Ishaani to talk to her but before I could, Tanisha had wanted to dance. I was shocked because I saw that a lot of men were ready to ask her but instead she had asked me.

So I took her hand and led her to the dance floor. Over there I got to know about her, her education, and her work.

I was ready to go find Ishaani when another man asked for permission to cut in but she politely dismissed him, insisting that we both had work-related issues to talk about.

"Why did you do that?" I asked her with a nervous smile.

In response, she threw her head back and laughed. Her laugh was like that of a *siren, luring me in.

"Well, I think you're an interesting man and I would like to get to know you better." Her tone didn't seem suggestive like she was flirting. Since she genuinely looked like she wanted to know about me, I told her all about myself.

As I was speaking, I looked ahead and found my wife in a man's arms, and not just anyone, it was Siddharth.

He was an annoying person that worked with me. He was just loud, obnoxious, and way too childish for his profession. Though he was pediatric, his enthusiasm has always been unnerving.

The question was why was he dancing with my wife?

They both looked like goofs messing around on the dancing floor, laughing at their own miserable attempts. Not only was he looking stupid, but he was also making my wife look like one too.

What was even worse was that all of them looked at them like they were adorable. For some odd reason, from kids to elderly patients and all the doctors, they all loved Siddharth.

"What a couple of goofs? They look really stupid. If they do not know how to dance, they should just sit down and not ruin others' peace." Tanisha said with a look of annoyance and I looked at her in shock for two reasons.

Reasons one being, she shared the same thoughts as me, and second, I didn't think she would be able to say something like that.

Though I was thinking the same, the way she said it sounded harsh.

"Oh, why are you looking at me like that? I bet they both are doctors or maybe just one of them is. So they shouldn't be goofing around. I don't think they're really good at their professions. But well, I guess they suit each other. They must be a couple. They look like they were made for each other." She rambled on.

But the anger that hit me when she told me Ishaani must be Siddharth's wife shocked me. But the anger overpowered the shock and I clenched my jaw really hard.

"That woman is my wife and that man is my colleague. They are NOT a couple." I told her sternly. She looked shocked and took a step back as I let go of her waist.

"Wi-wife? I didn't know you were married?" she said, shocked, but all I saw was Siddharth's hands on my wife's waist and how hard he was making her laugh.

They'd only met just a few minutes ago and yet he was able to make her laugh her lungs out.

I didn't like it!

I didn't like it one bit!

I gritted my teeth as I watched them walk away from the dance floor. He grabbed drinks for the both of them from a waiter as they both sat down at a table together.

"They-they look comfortable with each other, like they've known each other for a long time, so I assumed they were married, I'm sorry," Tanisha said apologetically.

"It's fine! Don't bother much about it." I told her with a small smile.

I was so done with this party, so I asked the dean if I could leave earlier and when I had the green light, I went to my wife, intending to take her away from that fool.

"Ishaani, it's time to go home," I told her sternly. And the look she gave me startled me. It was a cold look of annoyance and hate. She sighed as she got up reluctantly.

"Hey! Chill out okay?! Go home! I know you're tired. Go get some sleep. Our journey hasn't ended here yet. We both have each other's numbers and I'll call you so that we can continue our journey. Okay?" he asked her and she nodded with a tired, small smile but a pleasant one nonetheless.

Their journey?

What the fuck are they talking about? They literally met just minutes ago.

I was officially confused and angry!