Shopping Time

“Drama time!” Foenix shouted, throwing a pillow at me.

I caught it, unamused.

My mother raised her eyebrow as our oh so gracious host turned on the TV, standing on the table.

“Don’t do that! It’s a bad influence on the kids,” she shouted at him.

He jumped back into the couch, startling Kathyln and Claire, who were snuggled up together.

I leaned over to Curtis and pointed to the obvious yuri happening.

“Look,” I said, pointing to the girls.
Curtis took a glance and grinned. “Good. No boys.”

I was silent for a second before I had to hold in a laugh. “Yeah, you make a good point.”

“Okay, who wants more embarrassing Arthur memories? Ooh, how about his and Tessia’s first kiss?”

“No!” We both shouted.

“I was wrong in that situation and Arthur was very embarrassed, I feel it would-“ Tess started.

“Listen, honey, just because here what you did could be legally considered as sexual assault doesn’t mean it isn’t funny as fuck.” Foenix said, flipping through the TV.

“Sexual assault?” Merial asked, eying Tess warily.

“She just kissed him, nothing actually noteworthy,” Foenix then said. “Their reactions are the- gods dammit!”
We all looked to him as he silently cursed his remote, hitting it several times before forcefully throwing it at a wall, causing it to shatter.

“I’ll fix that shit later, I need to buy some new parts to fix the brain adapter,” he said. “The files for the memories were corrupted by a virus. One of my friends, probably.”

I raised my hand. “Can we not do that memory?”

Foenix looked to me and shrugged. “Oh, what the hell? I forgot what file it is anyway, with how hectic and jumbled the good parts are.”

My future self – Grey as he asked to be called – took that moment to enter the room, carrying a giant container of ice-cream and eating it straight from there. He had already changed into ripped jeans and a loose white shirt.
“What?” He said once he noticed our gazes. “I’m nineteen and I haven’t had ice cream in twice that time if you count OG Grey’s life.”

“It’s more the clothes,” dad said hesitantly.

He looked down. “Oh, that. I got blood all over my other stuff. Turns out a decent mana barrier cannot stop a fifty cal.”

“Fifty cal?” Virion asked.

“Half a millimeter metal bullets flying at almost the speed of sound,” Grey said, plopping on the couch.

“You were mugged again?” Mom asked.
He nodded. “Anyway, I decided that since you’re out of the soul realm it’d be a good idea to erase the memories.”

“It was you!”

Foenix spent the next fifteen minutes yelling and hitting the quiet Grey before leaving, mumbling about how the parts for the machine were expensive.

“Oh, anyone younger than eighteen,” he said, garnering our attention. “I feel it’ll be good to get y’all used to the community, so you’re coming. No buts.”

I looked around. The minors around were me, Ellie, Tess, the Glayders, Claire, Feyfey, Theo, Elijah, and Lilia.

Elijah was actually duct taped to the ceiling and fell asleep, so I’m sure he won’t be coming.