Chapter one

chapter one

Mason

The school hall is packed bursting at the seams.

It's compulsory that we attend the schools annual benefit concert.

Usually I would rebel as I do every year except this year I have finally convinced Melodie to sing.

Talent scouts across the country were apparently coming thanks to our lame excuse of a head master Mr Bogart (eugh even saying his name makes me want to heave) Despite my strong hatred towards Sir I couldn't let Melodie miss an opportunity like this. She has an amazing voice.

I knew she was freaking out backstage because every few minutes I would get a text coming through saying something like:

I have a soar throat...can't sing TAKE ME HOME NOW!!

Mason I swear I am going to kill you after this, I feel and look like a complete douche :(

I'm shaking like crazy! Why are you making me do this you're such a d!ck!

Of course I would just ignore them but I did find it funny.

"I heard that Melodie chick is performing today, she any good?" Josh one of my best guy friends asks.

His voice softened at the mention of Melodie's name. He tried to hide it but failed miserably.

I couldn't help the sly smile that stretched across my face.

Josh hasn't yet admitted to me that he has a crush on the quite, crippling shy girl in the year below.

(who so happened to be my best friend since the age of 4) but it's not too hard to pick up the signs.

He is the only person who knows about my true friendship with Melodie.

You see it's kind of....complicated.

With me being the captain of the football team and also the most popular guy in school whilst she is in the year below and shies away from attention its too difficult to hang out in school.

It's so annoying though.

Melodie hands down has to be the smartest, most talented, funniest, quick witted and kindest person I have ever met.

She hides away to protect herself. If she let the real Melodie shine through the whole school would be at her feet.

"Yeah she is, why you interested?"

I ask already knowing the real answer is "hell fucking yeah"

I watch as a bead of sweat runs down Josh's face blowing his cool facade.

"What? no..." He stutters.

Wow he really has it bad.

"Right like I'm supposed to believe that" I roll my eyes.

As I do I catch Ash and the rest of the guys sneeking their way towards the seats I reserved for them.Covered top to toe in sweat an mud I burst out laughing.

"Where the fuck have you guys been?" I say pointing to the once white shirt that is now nearly completely brown.

"Outside decided to play a quick game of footy, oh yeah Ivy is looking for you"

Ash responds raking a muddy hand through his messy dark brown hair..

I groan aloud.

Ivy Baker aka little miss desperate has been after me ever since Nathan's party last week.