Chapter 4

Whiskerpaw

I stare look over at Mountainpaw, her beautiful amber eyes close and she starts to fall asleep.
"I'll wake you up later, okay?" I mew silently as she snores calmly. I pad off and see Snakepaw take a piece off fresh kill from the pile.
"Hey Mountainpaw, you look cute today." She meows in a soft and not whiney voice.
"Look I love you, but in a friend way. I love somecat else. They also love me back." I mrrow calmly. I can suddenly see sorrow in her eyes "I'm sorry."
"It's fine!" She lashes back "no-one likes me and that's fine! Now leave me alone, before I hurt you." Her lip curls up and her golden eyes turn to slits. So I turn back and run off into the den.
Her threat. It sounded, it sounded like she was training with the dark forest. Or at least she might start to. Everycat hates her, so what if?

As she pads in the den, I start move away into the corner. Fear consumes me and she backs to her nest, glaring at me. Quickly, I pelt out into the clearing.
"Where are you going?" Daisypatch asks me as I blindly run into her.
"I want to go hunting with somecat." I mew back.
"You can come with me if you want." She mews back.
"Thanks!"

As we leave, I start to forget about Snakepaw. Huh! I scent mouse. Carefully, I press into a hunting crouch. I can feel the leaves brush up against my fur. Quickly, I crawl along and spot the mouse. I leap forwards and swiftly kill it, it's soft fur up against mine

As I return, I suddenly remember Snakepaw and my fear. I start to panic and Daisypatch starts to scent it.
"What's wrong?" She mews
Should I tell her?
"Snakepaw-"