Chapter 24

Whiskerbreeze

I pad around the forest. I leap forwards, thinking I have seen a squirrel. I land straight in to Dewnose. To make matters worse, it is Mountainpelt's tail. She whips around; glaring at us. She bats us hard on on the head.
"What in the name of Starclan where you doing?" She hisses "did you think my tail was a squirrel or something?" I nod my head slowly before padding off. She hisses again, before finding more thin mice.

I clench my prey in my jaws.
"Two squirrels and one plump mouse! Try and beat that." I meow to Dewnose teasingly. He looks over at me.
"One plump mouse, one rabbit and two squirrels! Ha!" He laughs back while placing them down onto the fresh kill pile. Mountainpelt  pads towards the fresh kill pile; she drops her thin mice and squirrels on the floor then pads off. We laugh then take a plump mouse each from the pile.

As we walk over to the warriors den, we start shoving our shoulders into each other. We giggle then dig into the food. I shred the mouse to bits, swallowing each piece quickly. I burry the bones then I pad towards the fresh kill pile again.

"Taking more?" Dewnose meows shocked. I laugh.
"No, this is for Snakefang" I mrrow taking the rabbit away. Dewnose bounds towards me a extremely plump mouse in his jaws. We start to make really dumb jokes like.
"What do you call a cat mixed with a leaf? A leafclan warrior!" I laugh crazily.

"You two seem good without us!" Grapefur jokes.
"Yeah everyone could probably hear you from here to four trees." Snakefang giggles. A smile wriggling across her face. I place the giant rabbit in front of Snakefang.
"Thank you." She meows kindly. I look over at Dewnose, he places the overweight mouse at Grapefur's mouse.  She flicks her tail and we pad out, making more stupid jokes.