Chapter 22

Dewnose

I take a deep breath. Why does my wonderful, beautiful mate have to be so stubborn sometimes. Her eyes are as green as grapes and her pelt is as dark as the night sky. A few moons ago she told me that 'if I am not there she would feel like a full moon with no gathering.' It filled me with joy to hear that but now she's in the nursery it feels like I never see her. She means the four clans to me. I don't want her get hurt. She arrived back exausted and it's not like she caught 5 squirrels she only caught one plump mouse.

I pad into the nursery.
"You okay now?" I question kindly. She lets out a small mrrow of laughter.
"Yeah." She lets out a long sigh.
"You don't seem fine?" I say worriedly.
'I'm exausted." Grapefur lets out another long sigh. I rub my muzzle on her fur. I lick her behind her ears. She licks my ear then flicks her tail. I look over at Snakefang. She lets out a short mrrow of laughter then lays down.
"I wish I could sleep in a nest with you Grapefur. I really miss you." I sigh as I pad out.
"You won't have to wait too long Dewnose." She meows calmly before falling asleep.

I pad into my nest as the sunsets. It's just me in there. I really miss her.
"Hey Dewnose. Can I sleep in a nest with you. Since both of our mates ate in the nursery?" Whiskerbreeze asks. I shrug.
"Sure." I say while falling asleep.