Chapter 17

Grapepaw

"All cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the high rock for a clan meeting!" Riverstar's yowl rings across the clearing. It has been 5 moons since the flood. Where Grapepaw, my crush almost died. I am so happy to have saved her. I look over at Fernpaw.
"Grapepaw, Dewpaw, Mountainpaw, Whiskerpaw and Snakepaw come here." She yowls cheerfully. "I leader of Eclipseclan call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commented them to you as a warrior in their turn." I look at her. "Grapepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" She pauses to think. She has to say yes.
"I do!" She meows jumping up and down.
"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Grapepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Grapefur. Starclan honors you bravery and courage and we welcome you as a full warrior of Eclipseclan!" She yowls loudly. Grapepaw's no Grapefur's eyes gleam with joy. She looks over at Sageclaw. Pride looks as if it's taking over him. She finishes our warrior names.
"Grapefur, Dewnose, Mountainpelt, Whiskerbreeze. Snakefang!" The clan chants loudly. Pride fills my heart. If only my mentor hadn't died.

We stand there just before for our vigual.
"Uh um. Grapepaw. I...I mean Grapefur. Can I confess something?" I cowardly say, stumbling over my words.
"Sure. Go ahead," She meows kindly "Before our vigual starts anyway."
"I... um... I kinda... well I really like you. No I don't like you. I may or may not." I stammer. She lets out a long sigh.
"Just spit it out all ready!" She hisses mockingly. I giggle.
"I love you!" I say quickly. She tilts her head to the side.
"I love you!" I repeat quickly.
"What???" She asks.
"I love you!" I repeat slowly. He eyes are wide with shock. She rubs her muzzle on my fur.
"I love you too, Dewnose!" She meows loving.