Chapter 1

Grapepaw

Today is the day! I am finally going to be a apprentice! I just can't believe it! One second ago is was a mewling kit in the nursery, now I am standing on the high rock about to be apprenticed. All 5 of us were starting to get bored of the whole nursery and everything. It is also starting to smell a bit.
"All cats old enough to catch their own pray gather beneath the high rock for a clan meeting!" Pepplestar's yowl rang through the clearing. Suddenly, I hear a heard of cats start to gather near.
"This five kits are..." I start to daydream of all the fun I am going to have and her voice trails off.
"Grapekit," One of my sisters nudges me. "You are getting apprenticed."
"Oh!" I yowl as I snap back into reality.
"Your mentor will Quartzflower she was trained well by mountainwisker and I expect her to pass on all she knows too you." I bounce along and touch noses with her.

Now the meeting has finished, I choose the nest that was right in front of the entrance. The golden sun had been shining on it all day so it is nice warm.
"Psst Dewpaw. You're my best friend. Wanna share a nest?" I wisper as I curl up.
"Of course I do!" He bounds up to me. His soft pelt brushes up against mine. I really want to tell him how much I love him, but i'm afraid that he will not like me back.
"Hey Dewpaw." Snakepaw lets out purr and I amediently know that she has a crush on him. I won't let HER take him from me. I glare at her, she can clearly see me, but chooses to ignore me.
"Mhhm" I growled as she walks past me.
"Oh hello, Grapepaw" this time she mews harshly.
Dewpaw stands up tall towards her.
"Listen her Snakepaw! You can talk to me however you want. However you cannot speak to Grapepaw like that!" He spits at her. "Understand?"
"Y...yes I understand." She stammers back and she starts to pad away.
"Pick a nest." I mew calmly.

Later, the other apprentices pad in.
"Hey Mountainpaw, hey Wiskerpaw." I mew in joy. The sun is starting to set, so I start to drift to sleep.