rooftop

you sat on one of the large lawnchairs with a warm cup of coffee in hand and a light blanket over your lap.

one of the main reasons you had fell in love with the house had been because of this very rooftop.

you had a vision of it becoming an ideal hang out for you and your close friends.

you were so fixated on the sunset that you hadn't heard the door open or joseph's footsteps.

you jumped when you felt large pair of hands on your shoulder.

a smile crept onto your face when you realized that it was your boyfriend finally arriving home after he had a completed a long day of interviews.

" hello, my love. " he whispered as he placed a soft kiss on your lips.

" hi, baby. " you replied, placing your hand on top of his which held the side of your face.

he walked over to you, lifted you up and sat you back down on his lap.

you smiled at the gesture and layed your head on his chest.

" how was your day? " he asked while he gently ran his hand up and down your back.

" a bit boring actually. i cleaned up a bit and then i packed my bags for the italy trip. how were the interviews? " you asked looking up at him.

" same old, same old. someone brought you up though and i was definitely smiling like an idiot. " he laughed lightly and rested his hand on your thigh.

" you're the cutest. " you pressed a kiss to his cheek.

" and you're very cozy right now. " he said as he laid his head on yours.

you were so content.

you listened to the sound of his heartbeat and couldn't help but smile.

" these moments make me realize how lucky i am to have you. " you stated playing with the rings on his fingers.

" you make me the happiest, sweetheart. i wouldn't trade you for the world. i love you so much. " he replied wrapping both his arms around you.

" i love you too, joe. " you whispered.

your eyes started to feel a bit heavy and you didn't fight the sleep.

you felt so safe in his arms and you couldn't ask for anyone better.

much love,
- morgan :)