storm

" what do you mean you won't be able to make it? " you asked joseph, instantly filled with anxiety.

" i know it sucks, love and i know you hate storms but i just won't be able to get out of this traffic any time soon. " he replied.

" i hate new york. why did we move here again? " you said as you flopped onto your bed.

" oh no reason it's just your favourite place ever. "

" fair. "

" my love I'll be there as soon as i can. even if it means i have to run home in the rain. " joseph said sounding so serious.

" okay, dramatic. see you later. "

he laughed softly and replied" i love you,
y/n/n "

" i love you too, joe. bye. " you hung up and took a deep breath.

the first flash of lightning striked it was immediately followed by a loud boom from the thunder.

' this is going to be a long night ' you thought.

you walked downstairs to make a cup of coffee when the rain started to pour down heavily again.

you tried your best to distract yourself and put on some music while you waited for the machine.

after the cup of coffee finally finished you sat down on the couch to watch some netflix.

it had now been an hour and joseph still wasn't home.

by now the storm was fully developed and your anxiety was no joke.

suddenly the power got cut off.

you lit a few candles as you tried to call joseph with shaky hands.

his phone just rang.

great this couldn't get any worse.

you tried to calm yourself down but without him there it felt impossible.

right as you wanted to pick the phone up to call a second time the door opened.

" sweetheart! where are you? " you heard him say.

" the living room. " you replied back feeling so relieved.

the second he saw you on the floor he rushed over to you.

" i'm here now, love. it's okay. it's all okay " he reassured you as he held you in his arms.

" joe, you're soaked. i thought you were kidding when you said you'd run to get here. " you laughed as you were now finally calm.

" anything for you pretty girl. " he said as he kissed you.

once joseph was home he could turn the power back on and start a fire.

you cuddled into him once he put on a movie for the two of you.

with him there, the storm outside suddenly didn't even matter.

he was your safe place and nothing could change that.

" where the fuck did you leave the car? " you asked once the storm died down.

" i will be back soon. " he jumped up out of bed and kissed your forehead before he left.

' this man. ' you thought as you laughed at him.

[ a/n: oh wow she's alive 🤭 ]
much love,
- morgan :)