soulmates

you were fast asleep on joseph's chest.

he ran his hand through you hair as he watched small breaths escaped your lips.

the ring on your finger suddenly made him think about which moment made him realize that you were soulmates.

- flashback -

" joe no! " you laughed as you ran around the backyard.

it was a hot summer day and you wanted to spend it tanning by the pool but your fiancée had other plans.

" um, yes. " he said, catching up to you.

you were suddenly trapped against the wall with his arms on either side of you.

"nowhere to go now. " he leaned forward to kiss you but you slipped out and ran to the pool.

he laughed once he realized you were gone.

he picked you up and jumped into the pool with you in his arms.

" joseph quinn! i'm going to kill you! " you said wiping the water from your face.

" oh, you could never you love me too much. " he swam towards you and placed his hands on your hips.

" if you say so. " you said with a hint of sarcasm.

he smiled and placed a soft kiss on your lips.

as he pulled away he looked into your eyes for a few moments longer than he planned to.

" i love you a lot. like a lot, a lot. " he said.

" i love you a lot, a lot too. " you replied as a blush spead onto your cheeks.

- present time -

he kissed your head.

" you are my soulmate, y/n y/l/n. " he whispered even though you were asleep.

and he couldn't wait to marry you soon and make you his forever.

much love,
- morgan :)