Chapter Four: Flowers & Sex

*unedited* (word count:)

RONNIE

"IT'S SATURDAY NIGHT AND WE'RE GONNA HAVE A PARTY!" I yell.

"IT'S A PARTY YA'LL!" Geraldine yells.

Geraldine and I dance around the living room as Ty distracts Clay and Max for the night. Geraldine and I needed a girls night with no drama but we didn't have a place to do it. She convinced Ty and I bought all the food and drinks.

My grandparents have the twins because they begged me for them. I was going to bring them but they weren't having that. They pleaded their case and I pleaded mine but still ended up losing.

I've been avoiding Clay for the last two weeks and I've never felt better. I deleted him from my phone and I made it clear to my grandparents that they could not let him in no matter what. Classes have been great and Josephine will be fitted for hearing aids in a few months. I'm glad everything is settling down and becoming normal.

"So we have watched six childhood favorite movies and have down at least a case of beer and a bottle of tequila," Geraldine adds.

"What's next?" I ask. "'Cause I'm a little drunk."

"We can have a dance party! We can play songs from our childhood or now," she replies. "Put on performances."

"Sounds fun!" I reply before giggling.

Geraldine turns on YouTube and puts some videos in a queue. I take a sip of water letting some of it drip down my chest. It's hot in this house and the AC is on full blast.

"When I was just a little girl!" We sing together.

We dance around the living room and sing along to all of the songs that play completely forgetting about the outside world and time. The front door flies open but we don't notice as the guys walk in.

Geraldine stops dancing and stands as still as statue. I stop and look at her then follow her gaze. Max, Ty, and Clay stand in the entry way of the living room.

Max has pale ivory skin and an oval shaped head. His eyes are brown and his hair is blonde. His nose is in an aquiline shape and he has little to no lips. He's broad and tall but nothing like Clay.

"Y'all aren't supposed to be here," Geraldine almost whines.

"Why are y'all in your lingerie?" Ty asks.

Ty has a sand skin tone and a heart shaped face. His hair and eyes are both brown. He's muscular and broad. He's freakishly tall like Clay. He has tattoo sleeves and looks like he is about rip his shirt off from one wrong move.

"Because we took pictures earlier and we never put our clothes back on," Geraldine replies.

"You got a boyfriend?" Max asks me as he bites his lip and looks me up and down. "I mean I wouldn't care if you did."

"No," I reply as I faintly laugh.

"We will be in the backyard," Ty blurts out as he ushers Clay and Max out of the room.

Geraldine looks at me and faintly smiles. I know she feels sorry for me and she wouldn't have that feeling. I don't feel sorry for myself so she shouldn't feel sorry for me.

A Rascal Flatts song comes on and Geraldine melts. She grabs the mop and hands me the broom. She smiles real wide before we start belting out the lyrics.

"I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house," I sing. "That don't bother me."

"I can take a few tears now and then, and just let 'em out," Geraldine sings.