Chapter Seven: Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go)

*unedited* (word count:)

RONNIE

"Everything looks fine," my doctor murmurs as she stares at her screen. "You're nine weeks along and are healthy."

"What's my due date looking like?" I ask.

"May," she replies. "We will run some tests before you get further along. Make sure you schedule an appointment before you."

She hands me pictures of the ultrasound and leaves. I clean myself off and get off the table. I grab my things and make my way out to the front desk. I make another appointment and leave.

I have to hurry back home because Lily has the twins and I don't know how she is handling that. Geraldine and Clay both had classes today and my dad is at work. My mom left for California a few days ago so now I really don't have anyone to watch my babies.

I pull into the driveway and park. I get out and go inside to see Lily passed on the couch. The TV is blaring and Drayton is trying to compete with it. I turn the tv off and go find Drayton only to see him sitting in a soiled diaper with a rash forming.

I quickly clean him up and put diaper rash ointment on him. I put it diaper on him and change Josephine. I set them in their bassinets before venturing back into the living room.

Lily's arm has a blue band on it. A needle lays on the floor with a tinge of blood on the needle. I check her pulse to make sure she's still alive and she is.

"What the fuck is this?" Clay's voice fills my ears.

I move away from Lily and turn around. Clay looks at me then at her. I slowly approach him.

"I don't know what to do," I whisper. "She left the twins sitting in their soiled diapers."

"I will take her to the hospital and drop her off," he replies. "You trusted her and now you can no longer trust her."

"Thank you," I murmur.

I give him a quick hug before going to the twins. I put fresh clothes on them and put them in their car seats. I pull my phone out of my pocket and call my dad. I put the phone to my ear and he immediately picks up.

"Is this an emergency?" My dad asks.

"It could be," I reply. "I trusted someone to watch the twins while I went to the doctor and I came back to her passed out from drugs."

"Don't touch any thing that she has left behind. I will be there as soon as I can," he replies.

"Thank you," I murmur before hanging up.

"I'm leaving! Was everything down the toilet!" Clay yells.

I have to get out of this house. I'm going to sell it or rent it out. I have to do something. I sit on my floor and get on Zillow. I scroll through the houses until I find a the perfect house.

It's a fixer upper but that's fine. It's an old antebellum styled house. It has faded black gutters with little to no pretty features. It has a wrap around porch and a wrap around balcony that leads to a grand staircase. The front door is bright wet. The porch itself is stained wood.

There are tons of trees but no bushes or flowers. An in ground pool that's eight foot deep on one end and three foot on the other. The pool has a archway with a waterfall coming from it. It's the nicest part of the whole yard.

The inside of the house is better looking than the outside. The foyer is long and lines with pictures, tables, plants, and a couple benches. The living room is white on white with no furniture or any decorative pieces. The room across the foyer is the same. The stair case that leads up to the upstairs has broken boards and look rotten. The kitchen is at the bare minimum but definitely needs some work as does the dining room, den, laundry room, and the pantry.