Chapter Ten: Yellow

*unedited* (word count:)

RONNIE

"Miss Landers, it's going to take a lot of physical therapy to get your legs working again. Even after that, you will have bad days where your legs won't want to work," the doctor informs as my moms quiet wail fills the room. "We will set you up with the physical therapist downstairs in a couple of weeks for outpatient therapy. While you're here you will be going to therapy to start the process."

"How long until I can get out of here?" I ask.

"A week or two depending on how your body heels and how fast we can get you on your feet or into a chair of you own," the doctor replies.

"Will I still be able to have kids? Or use that area of my body?" I ask.

"Oh, yes! Everything should still function properly. You can have kids when you are ready," he replies.

"Why are you worried about sex?" Porscha whispers.

"Because I get horny," I reply.

"Oh my god," my dad mutters making my mom snicker.

"You didn't think she was going to stay a virgin forever did you? She's in her twenties, already has two kids, and her own house," my mom replies. "If I do recall, Landon, you two sure do act the same when you were her age."

"She doesn't need to know that," he mutters.

My mom snickers again making the doctor chuckle. I roll my eyes as Clay knocks on the door. He walks in with a large bouquet of flowers and a teddy bear. The doctor quietly leaves as everyone in the room stares at Clay.

He barely clings on to the items in his hands since he only has one good arm. He looks handsome. His short sleeved button up shirt fits him perfectly. He looks scrumptious.

"Is that chocolate?" Porscha asks as she pulls a small bag out of his sling. "Reese's!"

"I would say that you could sit by my legs but they don't work at the moment," I joke.

He sets the flowers and bear down the table. My dad eyes him curiously as he sits on the edge of the bed. My dad rolls his eyes.

"How is your shoulder?" Porscha asks.

"Fine," he mutters. "That was a crazy bitch."

"Same," I reply. "But I saved your life."

"I wasn't going to die," he replies. "You've died like twice now and you're showing off."

"I call it a new record," I reply. "By the way, you're welcome for dragging you out of the hallway and to safety."

"I still don't see how you dragged his big ass, no offense, into the elevator," my dad chimes in.

"None taken. I don't know how she did it either," Clay murmurs.

"When Josephine fell out of a tree, she was like Flash Gordon. She didn't even realize of care that Drayton was still stuck in the tree," Porscha replies.

"She could have died," I murmur.

"Don't play favoritism with your kids just because Drayton is an ass," my mom replies.

"I'm not. I do, however, know that he can withstand almost anything. He's jumped off the roof into the pool," I reply. "He's thinks he's on Jackass."

"Ty was planning on bringing them up here later today," Porscha changes the subject. "They keep asking about you."

"Oh, look at the time. We have to go sweetheart. I have a dress fitting soon for a client and I don't want to have to reschedule it," my mom informs me.