Chapter 24

Waves were crashing against rocks and washing over the beach as our ship got closer to the shore. The wind blew through my hair as I smelt the salty air and Jon stood beside me. "Nervous?"

"Me? Never." I joked. We climbed into the boat and the Night's Watchmen rowed us to shore. Jon, Davos, and I were walking onto the beach towards the people, Dragonstone's Castle could be seen in the distance "Tyrion!" I smiled when I saw him.

"Y/N?" He said shocked and couldn't believe his eyes as I almost ran to him. A few tears escaped when I kneeled and wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug. After realizing it was truly me, he hugged me back, even more tightly. "I thought- Cersei said you were dead. Where were you?" Tyrion stared, his eyes filling with tears as he touched my cheek when we pulled apart.

"When will you learn to never trust her, little brother? I'll tell you later." I stood up, wiping the sand from my black pants, and moved to Davos. A woman with the most beautiful hair and features was next to Tyrion and a few guards.

"The bastard of Winterfell," Tyrion said.

"The dwarf of Casterly Rock." Jon and Tyrion stared at each for a moment, before breaking into a smile. They stepped forward and shook hands.

"I believe we last saw each other on top of the Wall. The same goes for you, dear sister." I nodded, smiling happily at my twin.

"You were pissing off the edge if I remember right. You picked up some scars along the road." Jon said and I could see the scar he was refereeing too. It was across his face, up his cheek, and on the bridge of his nose.

"It's been a long road. But we're both still here." He said, looking at me also before turning to address Davos. "I'm Tyrion Lannister."

"Davos Seaworth." They shook hands.

"Ah, the Onion Knight. We fought on opposite sides at the Battle of Blackwater Bay." Davos told me about the battle between Stannis, who controlled the narrow sea, and the forces loyal to Joffrey, who was at the time holding the Iron Throne as king. It was a major defeat for the middle Baratheon and he retreated to Dragonstone with only a fraction of his army.

"Unluckily for me," Davos said.

"Missandei is the queen's most trusted advisor." Tyrion introduced the woman and she smiled, nodding her head and welcoming us. "Welcome to Dragonstone. Our queen knows this is a long journey. She appreciates the effort you have made on her behalf. If you wouldn't mind handing over your weapons."

I gripped my sword and looked at Jon as he looked at Davos and his men. "Of course." I assumed the guard was Dothraki as he moved to take the weapons. I untied my sword and handed it over. The other Dothraki men picked up our boat and began to carry it away. "Please, this way."

Davos began walking with Missandei and me with Tyrion as Jon followed a few steps behind. "Where were you all this time?" Tyrion asked.

"North of the Wall."

"North of the... Why?"

"After Lord Stark got imprisoned, I knew I had to flee because-"

"You knew about Joffrey and would get the same fate as Lord Stark." I nodded. "But why the North?"

"I wasn't planning on going beyond the Wall, just to Castle Black. I thought I would be safe there, where Cersei couldn't touch me. And when Mormont said that he and his men were going to travel North, I thought 'Why not."

We were making our way up to Dragonstone along a narrow stone pathway built into the cliffs leading to the castle. Tyrion excused himself and began to speak with Jon.