03

♥︎

♥︎. i realized some of the dialogues weren't italicized in the last chapter  (;'д`)ゞ

Maki stood some feet away from (Y/n). her breath was ragged and her body was sticky with her sweat. her jacket was long discarded after the continuous sparring with the redhead.

she firmly held onto her spear as she regained her composure.

"Maki~ c'mon, you're not tired of me yet are you?" (Y/n) tilted her head.

"not a chance," Maki quickly went in for a slash.

the 3rd year quickly performed a split and swiped the 2nd year's legs.

too tired to counter, Maki allowed herself to fall backwards onto the ground.

she never fought anyone who was strong and fearless as (Y/n).

"you did pretty well, definitely a lot longer than anyone I've sparred against. you've captured my interest~" the sorceress extended a hand, quickly pulling Maki off the floor.

"that was the best spar I had in a while, thank you (Y/n)-senpai."

"we can always spar on my off-days if you want. it's not like I have anything better to do," she winked.

Maki blushed slightly at the thought.

suddenly, a crow flew around the group of students. it cawed repeatedly until (Y/n) held an arm out. upon landing, the students could clearly see a small rolled up paper around its neck.

of course, (Y/n) removed it and read its contents. she scoffed, crumbling it up in a ball and burning it to ashes.

the crow quickly flew away.

"what's wrong (Y/n)-senpai?" panda looked at her with his tiny black eyes.

"had I not left before, I would've been considered Maki's sister in law by now," she held a weary smile.

"eh?..." Maki took a moment, so did the others, but it clicked.

"you were the one that was supposed to marry that ass?!"

"i don't get it," Yuuji scratched his cheek.

"unfortunate really... it seems they want me over for a little "visit"," she returned her weapon and picked up her jacket.