Team Building

My body's natural alarm clock went off, causing me to wake up a little after 5 am. The first thing I noticed was the pounding headache that I gained from being hung over.

My eyes opened now. I realized I was using a leg as a pillow. My eyes followed the person until I saw their face. Bradley had a yellow glow cast on his face from the incoming morning sun. His chest rose and fell slowly with his sleeping breaths.

I slowly sat up from the couch and rubbed my eyes, getting the sleep out of them. I noticed the mess on the table of different papers scattered around everywhere. Out of fear they might get ruined, I began putting them back into the binder.

I felt the couch shift beside me, followed by a groan. I smiled, looking over my right shoulder at Bradley who squinted his eyes in the sun.

"Good morning." His raspy voice croaked out of his throat.

I have had boyfriends before. I've spent the night and woke up with them, hearing the myth that is the morning voice. I didn't believe it was a real attractive thing until now. Hearing it now from Bradley was an entirely different feeling. It was a sensation in my ears that I hadn't experienced before.

"Good morning." I replied with a gentle hum as I finished closing up the binder.
Bradley was now sitting up next to me, rubbing his eyes and groaning.
"I don't remember falling asleep." He chuckled.

I hummed a laugh in agreement.
"I don't either honestly."

Recalling the events of last night, I thought about the kiss. The kissing got more intense for a brief moment in time, I couldn't tell how long we had been going for. After that, we turned on a movie and I guess both fell asleep. I felt a pull at my heart a little bit. My head hurt from the hangover and thinking about the situation.

"Do you want some breakfast or something?" Bradley asked, rubbing his hands awkwardly on his knees.

"I'd love some, thank you." I responded to his nice gesture with a smile which he returned before standing and making his way to the kitchen. His smile was unlike any other I have seen. It was wide and bright and full of life. The kind of smile that you couldn't help but smile in response to.

I smelled the freshly brewed coffee that seemed to be prepared already. My guess is by a timer that's set to the same time every day. I stood up and followed my nose to the kitchen.
"Do you mind if I-"
I began asking while pointing to the coffee machine.

"Oh not at all. Here," he opened a cupboard, pulling out a glass for me.
"There's some other stuff for it in the fridge. Sugar is on the counter. Help yourself."

"Thank you." I gratefully responded and began fixing the coffee to my liking while I noticed Bradley getting pans from the cabinets and wondered what he was going to make.

My feet allowed me to wander outside. The beautiful dark stone patio met the white sands of the ocean that was just a short jog away. I took a drink of the coffee as it entered my system. Caffeine was a bad thing to be reliant on. One day without it and it gives me a debilitating headache.

The sounds of the ocean were relaxing, causing me to close my eyes and just bask in echoing white noise. The last few days have been nothing but work. Hard work, studying, working, and sleeping whenever I get the chance. Having a morning to just listen to the ocean and feel the steadily warming sun on my face was refreshing. Bradley's company was a nice addition to the morning.

"I hope you like pancakes."
Bradley's voice took me from my thoughts and I looked up as he approached with two plates in his hand. He handed one to me. Two perfectly golden brown pancakes with a small dish of butter and syrup on the side. I smiled gratefully up at him.