Chapter 13 - Memory

J A Y S O N

Aliyah hasn't woken up yet, she's still asleep. Chase has been making sure I stayed in the hospital room because he didn't want me stressing by seeing Aliyah. I had a huge concussion, my head was throbbing and the stress wasn't making it any better.

Last night was a misery. I couldn't reach her in time. She fell over the edge of the boat. By the time I went over to her she had already blacked out. I jumped over the boat and swam into the ocean and the tides were high that made it worse.

I think I might have searched for a good 30 minutes. When I found her she was blacked out underneath the waters on the ocean bed.

I know that they're all gonna be pissed at me but that's not my main worry, my main worry is Aliyah. Her condition is ten times worse than mine. Her lungs were filled with water and she had to undergo surgery to remove all of it.

If I had just reached there in time she would've been fine. That's what happened the last time. If I had just made it in time she wouldn't have lost her memory her condition would've been better.

It was a nightmare. I can still hear Aliyah's screams and my voice breaking trying to find her. She was unconscious but she was still alive and that's what matters. I'm never ever going to let her die even if it means taking my own life for that.

I wasn't able to swim to shore so I just sat with her head on my lap, on the small blow up boat and waited for the Mafia to find us.

It was my stupidity for taking her so far from the shore. I shouldn't have.
It all my fucking fault and now she's lying unconscious in the hospital bed. Her skin was pale, her lips were peach and her eyes had really dark eye bags and she had a huge bruise on the side of the forehead.

When I get out of here I'm going to kill the leader of the Japanese Mafia. His a dead man now. I'm going to give him an experience he will never forget.

This was too far, this attack was too far. The last few times haven't been bad and of course we attacked them back also, but this....this was something that his going to regret doing. He went on a suicide mission when he decided to mess with us.

________________

It has been 3 whole days and I haven't left her side. I'm not leaving until she wakes up.

We found out that The leader of the Japanese Mafia is coming to the ball that's in a month and decided we're gonna attack him then and there. If I could kill him then the problem would be solved and we wouldn't have to deal with him again.

His gonna die a slow and painful death.

I was now holding Aliyah's hand desperate for her to wake up. I was desperate to see her beautiful eyes again, to hear her speak and her funny giggle.

I put my head on my stomach and lay there talking to her. Normal stuff like how much I missed and loved her and how everything was going for the past few days until I felt her finger move. I immediately lifted my head and looked at her. She was moving her fingers.

That's a sign right!?

I rushed out of the room and called a doctor to examine her. He told me that her condition is improving and that she might wake up within a few hours or a day.

She was so still. All I could hear was the beeping of the heart monitor.
I couldn't leave her side. I need to be here when she wakes up. I didn't want her waking up with no one here.

I feel so guilty that I couldn't reach her in time but I think she's safer here than she is out of this hospital. I had 2 guards outside the door, 4 down the hall and 10 outside the hospital in case anything happened.