Chapter 29 - I'm sorry

J A Y S O N

I quickly ran to where Aliyah had ran after my men and I finished
killing all those people that attacked us.

The place I had chosen to propose to Aliyah was near a hotel-Mariana Hotel- and that hotel was a distance from the forest down this path.

That's why I told her to run down this path because she would find the hotel and hide there. I just hope she saw the hotel garden signs and followed them.

We were both supposed to go to the hotel and spend the night there, but clearly plans have fucking changed.

I'm so sick and tired of all this betrayel and killing. I just wanna leave and go far away with Aliyah. Far from everything and everyone.

I never wanted to be in the Mafia it was something that was passed down to me so I couldn't really do anything about it.

Aliyah took the duty of being the heir because of her parents and she didn't want to disappoint them because Kade didn't want to take the position. It was her duty and nothing less.

It's not like I don't like killing and torturing people, I love it. It's just that the guilt from afterwards kills me inside. It's something I've had to tolerate for years now, a feeling I've had to adjust too.

I don't know how long I'm going to hold on with everything, especially if it's going to put my unborn baby and Aliyah in grave danger.

I see the hotel down the path full of leaves. I sprint fast into the hotel. The hotel staff looks at me in shock. Probably because of the blood all of us but I ignore the dreadful looks and rush to the receptionist. She looks at me in shock analysing my face.

I take out my phone and search for a picture of Aliyah and show it to the receptionist. "Have you seen her?"

The receptionist looks at me with hesitation. "Have you fucking seen her or not!" I shout making her eyes shut and her body flinching in fear.

"N-no, Mr Averto"  she stutters slowly opening her eyes again. Of course she knows who I am. Fuck.

"Fucking hell" I shout banging the reception desk. "Thanks for nothing... Adrianna" I say aggressively looking at her  and back to her face.

Bitch, couldn't she have said that at first. It would've saved my time.

I ran back out of the exit in the hotel.

Where could she be?

She might have- no she couldn't have. There are so many signs there...but it's possible she did.

______

I ran into the large abandoned building in front of me with armed behind me. The bombs have been planted on the roof top. It will blow up the whole building and acers of land miles away from here.

This is a deserted area so it's fine. I just have to make sure when we escape that no one else makes it out with us.

The screams and calls of help echoed the place. The noises bounced from wall to wall.

I follow the noises walking up the stairs until I see a metal door sealed with 6 locks.

_______

I flash out of my thoughts. That day was the most traumatizing day of my life. I run back down the path where I came from. "Boss we checked everywhere except for down there" they said pointing down the path plastered in cement.

I slowly walked down the path trying not to make any noise. Small taps of shoes on the ground echoed through my ears. I walk further down the path with my men behind me.

Blood.

I walk a few steps back and see blood on the floor. Then I notice the droplets of blood trailing down the path in front of me. How did I not see that when I walked past it before.
I go down the path sending men to do a clean check if this area of the forest.

"Boss we found something" I hear Santiago say through the earpiece.
"Where?" I ask.

"North side of the forest" He says and I soon reach him. I look down at the tree with blood stains. I crouch down onto my knees looking for any clues, scrambling through the leaves piled up around the tree. I come across a necklace. Aliyah's necklace. The Chanel one. She must have left it here on purpose. They took her and only one person would've done it.

Vincenzo De Luca I'm coming for you once again. He didn't exactly get his revenge the last time when he took my brother his exact words were 'Jayson Averto this was only a warning the worst is yet to come' is this what he meant.

Was this it? He kidnaps my pregnant fiancé to get revenge. I don't even want to imagine what he could be doing to her. Tears formed in my eyes as I thought about everything.

I hope she's okay.

"Santiago ask Caleb to check if there are any cameras in this forest and to hack into the hotel footage, he needs to check everything" I said looking around wiping the thin layer of sweat off my forehead . There would be some cameras in a distance from the hotel hopefully we would find something.

"Okay don" Santiago said before calling Caleb. I walked further down the path trying to find something anything.

I just need to find her not matter what. I keep on losing her. I'm sorry Aliyah..