Chapter 23 - Anxious

I felt a bright light being shown against my eyes and then utter darkness took over. "Could you please leave the room so I can do an examination?"

"Okay..." I hear a familiar voice say. After I heard the door slam I slowly opened my eyes. An annoying noise rang through my head causing my head to painfully throb.

"How are you feeling Miss Lev?" A lady with a white coat asked. She has this emotionaless expression.

Someone's in a grumpy mood.

"Where am I?" I said looking at my surroundings. It's dark and the bedsheets feel so silky. There are no pictures and paintings on the walls. The room is so bland.

"A guess room in Mr Avertos mansion" she said grabbing something. She comes back with 2 capsules and a glass of water. I grab it and thank her gulping the water along with the tablets.

"Both of you are perfectly fine" she smiled.

Both?

"What do you mean by both?" I asked with a feeling of anxiousness taking over me.

"You and the baby of course" she said in a 'duh' tone. Baby?

"A b-baby?!" I almost shouted. I tried to lift myself up in an attempt to sit up properly. "Be careful, Miss" she said helping me sit on. A piecing pain hit my leg as I sit still.

"And yes. A baby. Did you not know?" She smiled setting my leg on a pillow. It eased the pain I give her a thankful look and carry on with my questions. "How long? I mean how many weeks?" I ask looking at my hands.

I'm pregnant.

I can't believe it. It's something I never expected. I can't imagine myself as a mother. Would I be a good mother?

Oh god how am I going to tell Jayson?

What if he doesn't want the baby? I'm not getting rid of the baby of course but I couldn't help but think what if he leaves me after finding out about this. An empty feeling overwhelms me as I look at the doctor.

"You are about 5 weeks" she smiles. "If you aren't sure about it then you can take this and see for yourself " she says handing me a pregnancy test.

I try to get off the bed but fail. I look at the lady with an irritation as she watches me."Can you help me!"I shout. Its her job she shouldn't get offended.

She helps me get off and I walk to the bathroom that's attached to the room. I've never been in this room before it's probably on the outskirts of the house.

I go and do the pregnancy test. I put the lid back on the test and put the toilet seat down sitting on it, waiting for the results.

All these small imaginary ideas pop up in my head about me and Jaysons baby. I was carrying his baby in this womb of mines. It's set firework in me. I was over the moon at this point but at the same time I was nervous and scared.

So many things could happen. So many but I would have Jayson by my side through everything, that if he doesn't neglect me and this baby.

Deep down inside of me I know he wouldn't do something like that but I still can't help but worry if he does.

I hear a small beep taking me out of my thoughts. I immediately close my eyes anxious for the results even though I already know what it is. I slowly open one eyes and look down a emotion of relief takes over me and I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. I stood up and looked at  myself in the mirror above the sink.

I'm actually pregnant. I smile as I pick up the large hoodie I was wearing and look at my stomach with admiration.

How am I going to tell Jayson?

I walk out of the bathroom and get my phone from the small desk alongside the bed. I start googling some ideas and then my own original idea comes to mind.

Time to tell my Jayson about the pregnancy.

•••

I'm so excited 😭 this is going to add so much context to the book. I already have everything planned.

Baby Jayson or Baby Aliyah?