Chapter Five

Spencer

After Detention, Kaleb drove me to the address that Jason gave me. The house he went to was one of the biggest I had ever seen. I thought Kaleb would at least make a face, but it seemed like the norm for him.

The house reeked of alcohol and smoke. I scanned the room to find my friends but to no avail. Just teenagers who were being a little too public for my taste.

A guy came up to us with a surprised look on his face. It wasn't the same person from the bathroom but somebody different.

"Kaleb Graham at a party?" The muscular man said while narrowing his eyebrows in disbelief. In response, Kaleb just chuckled and nodded his head. The guy looked at me and scoffed. "Who's this."

Kaleb narrowed his eyes at me and just smirked. "New guy."

"Does this new guy have a name?"
For some reason, I felt very nervous and placed my hand in my pocket to cease my anxiety as I awaited Kaleb's answer. "Spencer."

"Sam." After the words escaped his mouth, the room filled with awkward silence, causing my nervousness to come back.

My nervousness vanished as Kaleb tugged his shoulder around me, causing me to let a small yelp. "You good at ping pong?" Sam said, slipping on his cup that was boozed of alcohol.

I was about to speak when Kaleb interrupted, making me hold my tongue. "Yeah, he's pretty good," Kaleb said, which startled me.

I made eye contact with Kaleb, and he just gave me a wink before letting go of my shoulder. They ushered me to a room with people that I didn't know, with a table and cups filled with beer on it.

The game had started already, and there were only two cups left—one on one side and one on the another. Sam pushed my back, and I leaned onto the table.

"This is what you brought to beat me?" Somebody said while chuckling. I looked up at the guy and saw the person from earlier, the same guy who was getting a little too friendly with Kaleb.

I looked away to see Kaleb. If he did make a reaction, he was now guarding it not to bleed out any expression.

"Hopefully, you'll beat Cody and get revenge for me," Sam said while chuckling, giving me a pat on the back, which made me come back to reality. The guy in front of me took a ball and flung it towards me without a thought. It bounces two times before dropping into the cup. We all thought the game was over until the ball spun out. The whole room looked at me when I picked up the cup holding it tightly in my hand.

I plucked the ball into the red cup that was in front of me.  The ball tipped on the edge of the cup before rolling around the rim and entering the center of the soft red cup.

The crowd erupted with cheers and applause. A girl walked past me rubbing me on the back while showering me with praise. I looked at Kaleb, who was staring at me intensely. His eyes burned mine. I thought he would look away, but he kept his eyes on me. He was causing heat to rise on my cheek. I put a hand on my face to cover my redness.

Kaleb took a sip of his drink before speaking. "We should play a different game." He which made everyone look at him.

When Cody looked at him, Kaleb
immediately looked away. "Yeah, like what?" Sam said, raising his eyebrows.

The room was silent as people tried to think of a game before the girl behind me spoke up. "Spin the bottle!" I thought that was a bad idea, but Kaleb gave Cody a look and interrupted my thoughts.

"Of course, that's a wonderful idea!" Kaleb said while shooting Cody a glare before looking away.

I followed everybody into a room with a table and a few seats. I flopped onto one chair as Kaleb sat next to Cody and Sam. I felt a lump in my throat as Sam handed Kaleb an empty bottle.

My stomach turned as he flicked the bottle, causing it to spin spontaneously. Everyone's eye was directed to the bottle, slowly starting to slow down.

I swallowed my nervousness as the bottle past me. Landing on Cody. The room sighed in disappointment as Kaleb and Cody looked at each other.
Sam sighed, and his eyes lit up as he thought of an idea. "How about a twist? Kiss the person you want to kiss."

The room turned to Kaleb in excitement as Kaleb got out of his seat, scanning the room to find his perfect target.

Everybody's eyes landed on mine when Kaleb pointed at me, causing my heart to skip a beat. "The new guy."

Kaleb walked up to me, causing my stomach to twirl in knots. He cupped my chin with his hand lowering his head as he placed his lips on mine. The kiss started slow, but he pulled my face closer to his, and his tongue slid above my bottom lip, forcing me to open my mouth. I tasted the drink he was drinking as he searched my mouth. Causing me to push him off me, causing the room to look at us confusedly.

He whipped his mouth and sat back down, smirking at me. For seconds I just sat there until somebody touched my shoulder and gave me the same empty bottle that Kaleb spun.

"It's your turn." The girl next to me Sat. I placed the cold bottle on the table before giving it a spin. For some odd reason, I wanted it to land on Kaleb, but instead, it landed on the girl who rubbed my back earlier.

Kaleb looked at me hotly as I walked up to the girl. My knees buckled as she slid her between mine causing me to trip on her and land on her shoulder. She just pulled me up and laughed before locking her lips with mine. 

It wasn't nearly as good as Kaleb's.