Chapter Six

Spencer

After a couple of rounds of spin the bottle, Kaleb left without saying goodbye, leaving the partygoers desperate.

I went upstairs to search for the bathroom but ran into Lela instead. "I was looking for you everywhere. Where have you been?" She said, putting the drink she was holding on the stair rail.

"Kissing Kaleb Graham." I deadpanned. She looked at me and started laughing, but she said my stern face and stopped immediately.

She punched my arm, which caused me to yelp. "It was from spin the bottle. It's not like he wanted to." I said, sighing it off. "And I'm also not gay, so it's not a big deal."

She shrugged my statement off and led me into a room with Jacob, Amber, and Madison.

"Guess what Spencer did!" I tried to cut her off, but she managed to say it before me. "He kissed Kaleb!" They all looked at me like I had horns on my head and their mouth looked like it was about to fall.

"It was from spin the bottle!" I insisted by they were already carried away by their conversation. I just groaned and left the room quietly, slowly exiting the house.

When I started walking to my house, I saw somebody by the alleyway, and the smell of smoke infiltrated my nostrils as I peeked inside. The sound of muttered yelling got louder as I got closer.

"What the fuck were you thinking!" I heard somebody say. I glanced more intently at what was happening to see Kaleb and Cody arguing in the alleyway.

"Kissing that guy, was that just an act to make me jealous?" Cody said, his face heated and jaw clenched. "Oh, so you can only do it now," Kaleb said, chuckling at himself, which made Cody angrier.

"There's a difference!"

"Yeah, well, I don't see one." The room fell into an absolute silence after those words escaped Kaleb's mouth.

"I don't kiss other guys, and I only hook up with girls," Cody said, slowly losing his temper. "And you know I'm only doing that so nobody finds out. There's already rumors around about us." Kaleb narrowed his eyebrows in guilt. "I'm sorry, Cody."

Cody backed away right before giving Kaleb a peck on the lips. "I'll get to go, and my dad wants me." Kaleb face lit up as he searched his pockets to find a pack of cigarettes. "Can I come with?" His face lit up as he waited for his answer, but when it was clear that the answer would be no, it went into a frown.

"Sorry, you know my dad he's...." Cody trailed off, leaving Kaleb just laying his back on the brick wall behind him. "I understand." He looked away from Cody's eyesight, causing Cody to walk away.

After Cody left, I swallowed my saliva and entered the alleyway. Kaleb took a cigarette out of his pack and slid it under his mouth, blowing the sweet smoke into the cold air.

He just looked at me and laughed. "You were listening?" I slowly nodded my head and took a spot next to him. "You want some?"

He shuffled his box of cigarettes, jiggling it around and handing me one. "Doe this help with anxiety?" I said, fiddling with the cigarettes I was holding. He nodded, and I placed the cigarettes in my mouth. Kaleb came closer to me to light up my cigarettes with his.

His face was inches away from me, which caused me to get frustrated and
back out. "What? It's not like we didn't kiss before." I punched him in the arm, and he let out a small 'ow.' Before getting up and cupping my face forcing me to look up at him.

This time he grabbed a lighter from his pocket and lit the cigarettes in my mouth.

"Disappointed?" I ignored him and inhaled the cigarette. At first, the favor of the smokey taste caused me to reek a little, but I slowly started to get used to it.

"That's funny. It usually takes longer for people to get addicted to these." Kaleb said while smirking. I took another poof of the cigarette before putting it out. "It's alright." Kaleb came closer to me, adjusting my head, so my eyes locked on his.

His lustrous green eyes lit up the cold dark alleyway as his eye scanned my body. Starting from the down, slowly trailing to up. Her eyes stopped at my lips, processing them.

I ran a hand through his hair as he stared down at my lips.

He came to me so close that I heard his faint, soft breathing. I tried to look away, but he cupped my head and forced me to look up at him. I looked down at his lip uncontrollably but couldn't glance away.

He backed away from me and just started laughing. "See you later, Spence." He said, waving back at me.

I liked the way his tongue rolled when he said my name. I couldn't help but imagine what it would feel like while lying in bed with him to wake to him opening his mouth to let out a small and gentle "Spence." I slapped myself at the thought and cursed under my breath.

I'm not gay like him. I shook my head before placing my neck on the chilly brick wall.