19

LAUREN was home safely in their mansion, Chris and Taylor just arrived and now she’s waiting for their father to come home.

She will show those threats to her father and Karla was right, they’re just strict because they’re worried.

She waited until the familiar voice of Dinah, her father’s personal driver, heard from her room, she quickly stood and approached the window and she saw her father walking to the entrance of their house.

She went back to her bed when she felt a sudden nervous so she grab her phone and texted Karla.

Should I do it? I decided to tell my father right now about those threats and she hit send and she waited, after a few seconds she received her reply saying: Go, Lo, tell him and yes, you can do it and she replied: I’m nervous, I don’t know where to start then hit send, the reply came after a few seconds: It’s normal if you are nervous, just be with yourself, be honest, talk to him as your father who cares for his children, okay? And she smiled at that reply she then replied: Okay, wish me luck then hit send, her phone beep and saw Karla’s message so she unlock her phone and tap the message open: No need because I know you can do it, I trust you and she got smiled then put her phone down then took those threats in her bag and went out of her room.

When Lauren stepped out of her room, she spotted her father who saw her immediately.

“Hey, Lauren…”

“Hey dad…” and she approached him while tilting her head around, hoping that it was just her and her father.

“How’s the performance?”

“Uhm we will know the score tomorrow and Normani recorded us.”

“Good, can we watch it after dinner?”

“Sure, dad…”

“Okay.”

His dad almost opened his office when Lauren spoke.

“Dad..?”

“What is it?”

“Can I talk to you for a sec?”

“Sure,” and he opened his office and stepped aside, “come in,” and he let her stepped inside first then close the door, “what do you want to talk about?” and he seated to his leather chair behind his desk.

“Something…” she contemplated at first because her heart is hammering then her tears suddenly fell down on her cheeks, “I’m so sorry…”

“Lauren…” and he stood and took his daughter in a comforting hug, “what happened?”

Nervously and with shaking hands she showed her right hand to his father, showing a couple of envelopes.

Mike stared at the envelope and looked at to Lauren, “is this…”

Lauren nodded.

Mike accepted it because maybe it was the threats that Camila had showed him, “since when?”

“After you received threats…”

“Oh God,” and he embrace her again then pulled off and he asked her in a calm voice, “why you didn’t tell me, or your mother?”

“I’m afraid, I’ve done mistakes…”

“Oh mija…” and he wipes her tears, “you don’t have to be afraid, you know that.”

“But still Dad, I made mistakes.”

“I know that but it doesn’t mean that we didn’t care about you, we care.”