Saint Aiden

"I HATE HANGOVERS" Katerina yells while I'm giving her a back massage. She's been cranky all morning I've decided to try to please her. I bought her breakfast and ibuprofen with water. She ate and drank everything and now we are here with me giving her a back massage while she's scrolling through the tv channels.

I laugh and give her a last squeeze before getting up and using the restroom. I haven't told her about my messages with Charles yet, and I don't know if I want too now because I thought it over and what if we don't even bump into each other. Everything will be fine.

I wish my brain would stop overthinking but literally what if everything's not fine. STOP NADIA.

At that, I get out the restroom and look over at Katerina. Who's semi sleeping.
"Ina, I'm gonna go on a run on the trail" I say while changing.
"Be careful, don't get kidnapped, don't get raped, love you" she says before passing out. I chuckle then head out the door.

I need to run to get my thoughts out of my head, I haven't even thought about Arthur.

Jack texts me good morning and I tell him about my morning. He comments on how he went on a run in central but then says he has to go and he'll talk to me later. I sigh and start running.

I get home an hour and a half later and I see Katerina in the lobby chatting with that dude from last night who got her number. Looks like they're going on a date so I avoid her seeing me and text her good luck when I get back to the room.

I shower then lay on my bed, today is just a me day. So I turn on the tv and see if anything looks fun to watch. Then I get notification from Instagram.

Charles_leclerc: yes no maybe so?

I let out a little laugh before getting confused

nadialavigne: what? 🤨

Charles_leclerc: coming to the race? I need to get your ticket 🙌

nadialavigne: I can get my own Charles

Charles_leclerc: but I'm offering vip with Ferrari hospitality 😏

nadialavigne: I'm going but seriously I have my own, hate you doubt my connections 😪

Aka my mom but let's not talk about that.

Charles_ leclerc: im still giving you the one I got for you. I have to go but I'll text you after qualiy

Oh shit I guess I have something to watch now.

nadialavigne: okay good luck 👍

He hearts my message and I go to turn on qualifying. These always have me nervous because I want him to have the best position to race. He's such a fast racer, it surprises me sometimes. At COTA, I know Charles has the fastest lap record so I'm positive he can produce a great qualiy.

Charles qualified P4 and Pierre qualified p3 beating him my only hundreds of a second. I laughed a bit because I guess my dance gave pierre a one up on Charles.
After about 30 minutes Charles messaged me on instagram again.

Charles_leclerc: Now you have to dance with me before every qualifying

nadialavigne: Is Pierre ecstatic, he really put everything into that Alphatauri.

Charles_leclerc: more than that he's telling me now that you're his lucky charm. He wishes🙄

nadialavigne: maybe I am who knows? 🙊

Charles_leclerc: hm when are you going to give me your new number

I start to type but hold back. Then I think again, he has already been talking to me normally why not give him my number.

nadialavigne: I will in time maybe if we see each other.

Charles_leclerc: so difficult, I'm going to see you tomorrow whether you like it or not

I heart his message then text Katerina.

Nadia: So how's the date 😍😍

Ina🐲: amazing I think I found my soulmate

Nadia: haha yeah right

Ina🐲: NO NADIA SERIOUSLY he's so perfect, now that we are talking about it he invited me to the F1 race with him and i said yes...

Nadia: BETRAYED 😦😦😦

Ina🐲: IM SO SORRY I WILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU ❤️❤️

Nadia: it's okay, I want you to have fun 😏

Ina🐲: ily always forever

Nadia: ❤️

With that I look over at my balcony. I need to do something. So I do what comes first to mind. I get wasted aka I order room service of one bottle of vodka. And just drank it. Pretty fun with friends, but pretty lonely when you are by yourself.

So I start crying and talking to myself.

"I mean does Jack even love me, we've been together for TWO YEARS and he forgot that I get matcha lattes every morning. Wait do I even love him? AT LEAST I KNOW THE ASSHOLE ONLY DRINKS ESPRESSO, FUCK" I say while crying even more.

I hear a knock at my door.

"Oh shit" I say while wiping my tears and getting up to open the door.
"Katerina-"
"Oh" a guy says looking at me shocked.
"Oh, who are you" I say embarrassed because I was quite literally sobbing my eyes out.
"Oh room service, uh someone was concerned when you just ordered one vodka for one girl and decided to treat you to a sandwich, are you okay?" He says while I look at his hands at the sandwich. This situation would happen to me.
"Yeah Um thanks" I say while grabbing the sandwich.
"Hey, my shift is over and I'm honestly just gonna go home but I can talk if you want, my name is Aiden and the emergency dial on the phone is 5 just in case you don't trust me" he says while putting his hands up.

I chuckle and think about it.
"Yeah sure if you're up for it" I say.
He smiles before doing a little nod. So I open my door and he sits on the bed.

"Sooo why are you downing yourself in vodka" he starts off while I sit by him.
"Well have you ever been in love with someone but decide to run away from them because you could never have them, then you thought you met the person who could turn your idea of relationships around but then realize you don't actually know if you love them, and then you try to avoid the actual person you were in love with but they eventually somehow in some way end up in your life again and you're scared because you realize you love them more than the person you actually are supposed to love" I say while looking at my hands.

"Whew" he breathed. "Well everyone deserves to find their soulmate or whatever, and I think you should talk to the guy you're in love with and honestly break up with rebound guy" he says.

"The thing is I've ignored the guy I'm in love with for three years" I say putting my face in my hands.
"But he still somehow came back into your life, I mean if a girl ignored me for three years and we saw each other again, I would have not have talk to her, he must really feel some way about you to want to continue your relationship" he says

"Yeah I guess your right, he's not really mad at me, and also leading Jack on like this is wrong he deserves to find a girl who loves him with her whole heart" I say content with myself and what Aiden made me realize.

He laughs, "also his name is Jack, I mean come on" he says making fun of Jacks name.
I play shove him, "hey leave the name slander out of this" I say.

He chuckles before getting up and closing the vodka and putting it in the fridge.
Then he comes over to me, "here's my number if you ever need to talk again, it was fun, also no more vodka your head is gonna hurt" he said while tapping my head.
I swat his hand away before giving him a hug.
"Thanks Aiden, nice to meet you" I laugh.

"Yeah nice to meet you too, see ya" he says before leaving the room.

All aidens are now considered saints to me.
And this might be shitty, but I need to do it.

                                          Jack
Nadia: we need to break up