Chapter 8

Aditi and Rishi were sitting on the couch and sipping their boost. 

Siddharth and Siya came down at the same time,while both the mothers went near them asked “yen ivlo late’uh,” as they both just came down. Siddharth and Siya immediately reminisced yesterday and smiled but quickly hid it.The mother’s shook them and brought them back from their thoughts.

Siya and Siddharth were thinking of what to say but Aditi interrupted saying them “Ada mommy lovers kulla aayriram irukkum. Rendu perum vidiya vidiya phone pesunaangha,” she said casually and continued sipping her boost. Siya and Siddharth’s eyes widened and lowered their head as blush crept up their cheeks.

Earlier when Aditi woke she saw Siya’s phone which wasn’t off. She took it to see the screen displaying ‘Siddharth’ and grinned. But she was very happy. She loved Siya already and her family and was super excited. Now her mind devised a plan to tease her brother.
The mother duo saw eachother and smiled. “ Sari sari. Siya po lunch eduthu vaai.” Siya quickly went inside the kitchen.

Rishi went near Siddharth and whispered “dei ennakha nee kalyanam’eh vendaannu sonna maathiri iruntheetchida.” Sidhharth truned and glared at him. “Enna morraikkura, naan poitu solluva,” Rishi got up but sat down as Siddharth stomped on his foot. Rishi sat back while holding his leg “dei,” but was stopped by Siddharth pinching his cheeks ‘bujuku bujuku’ and went away while Rishi looked at him.

Siya was blushing while chopping the vegetables. Aditi came in with the cups and kept it in the sink and looked at Siya. “Enna anni anna va pathi thaanae nenichittu irukeengha,” Siya immediately looked at her and then narrowed her eyes. She went and twisted her ears “Aditi, yen maanam’eh potchi,” she was whining. “Anni, sorry sorry,” she was laughing. Siya left her ear and caressed hit then hugged her. Siddharth came in and  saw the sight. His lips formed a  genuine smile.

He cleared his throat to gain his attention and the ladies turned to him. Aditi went near Siddharth “enna anna romance pola,” while Siddharth knocked her head. She caressed her head and held his arm and turned to look at Siya. “Enna anni yen anna okay’va,” she asked. Siya looked at Siddharth and lowered her head as she was shy and smiled slowly nodding her head and ran away.

Siddharth and Aditi chuckled at her. Aditi looked at him and narrowed her eyes while Siddharth looked at her confusingly. She poited her forefinger at him and said “Anni ya nalla paathukannum. Sariya illa..,” she dragged. Siddharth smiled genuinely and said “I promise,” and hugged her.

~~~

All were settled in the hall. “Samandhi,” Abhimanyu spoke gaining everyones attention. “Pullinga rendu perumku pudhichi irukku so namba next week pola engagement vatchikalam ah?”

Krishnakumar and  his wife looked at eachother and smiled. The parents looked at Siddharth and Siya, while the couples looked at eachother. Siddharth blinked his eyes at her asking if she is happy. Siya blinked her eyes with a smile thinking about the way he cares. They looked at their parents and nodded their heads.

“Ap-pa sari naa peyitta joshiyar’ah paathutu vanthurean,” Krishnakumar said and Abhimnayu voiced out saying he would join. Siya’s mother was happy and said “appa naan vanthu guest list’ah ready pannurean. Samandhi neenghalum vaangha,” she asked Chithra. Then she looked at Rishi, “ Rishi pa, neeyum un family’a kupputa innike vaara sollu pa,” she told lovingly.

Rishi was pulling Siddharth’s legs and teasing him , turned his attention to Devi, Siya’s mother, with a smile but it soon vanished when she asked about his famiy. He stood their not knwing what to sat. Siddarth and his family looked at him, while Siya found it weird. “Ila ma. Ennaku family illa,” he said with a smile and went. The Krishnakumar family’s smile disappeared. Devi loked at Chithra and she said “family’ah pathi onnum theriyaathnga.Rishi orphanage’la irunthu than vaazhuthaan. Siddhartha avannukku school padikambothu than palakam. Avan nalla padipaan so athunaala home’eh avanukku school fees ella paathukittaangha.”

Devi looked at the direction Rishi went. “Sorrynga ennaku theriyaathu.” Chithra hugged Devi. Siya looked at Siddharth and held his hand and assured him while he looked at her.

Siya walked to the terrace and saw Rishi looking at the sky. She went near him and cleared her throat. Rishi looked at Siya and smiled. Siya hugged his arm and rested her head on his shoulder. “Onnukhu yaaru family illa na sonna. Appo naangha ellam yaaru. Vaarthekku vaartha thangam’na kupdra. Na onnukha thangachi illaya.” she asked him. Rishi looked at her and his eyes brimmed with tears.

It would be a lie if Rishi says he hasn’t even thought about the type of family he would have had. There are sometimes his heart yearns to see his family. Sometimes it’s not a big deal but sometimes it’s a big deal.

The Abhimanyu family has always been his savior. Siddharth never judged him for being an orphan or even bragged about a family.  Siddharth always says ‘namba veedu’ and Rishi’s heart blooms with happiness. 

And now Siya. She was an angel to him. Again it’s a lie if he didn't think  that the girl coming to Siddharth’s life may separate them. He was a little scared. But here she is considering him as her family. Her brother.

The tears in his eyes burst and he hugged and cried. “Inime varatha pada matean thangam,” he said and caressed her hair. Siya rubbed his back to calm him. Krishnakumar and Devi came near them and patted Rishi’s back. “Ne namba magan pa. Kavala padhatha. Amma inga than irukkurean,” Devi said and wiped his tears. Rishi smiled and hugged her.
Siddharth and the family smiled at these genuine nice people.

Siddharth then looked at Siya. She was obviously an angel. He loved the way she just took care of the situation. It wasn’t too emotional but made Rishi smile wholeheartedly. He was indeed lucky to have her in life.

“Sari sari,” Rishi clapped his hands. He put his hand around Siya’s shoulder and said “thangama oda engaemnt vela irukku. Solu thangam onnukhu eppadi venum decrorations ellam, intha anna seyirean,” Siya smiled.

She was the only child in the family and always wanted a sibling. She mainly wanted an elder sibling so she would be pampered and be the chella pillai. Now her Rishi anna is fulfilling everything.
She blushed at the mention of engagement and Rishi commented “enna thangam vekka paddireeya,” which made her blush more. Rishi looked at Siddharth and moved forward. He held his shoulder and said “ Dei machan, en thangatchi kanna la irunthu oru sottu thanni vaanthuchi, na senjiruvean,” he threatened in Maari swag. Siddharth looked at him and said “ thangatchi vantha odanae,intha friend’ah maruthuta,” he dramtically held his chest. “Athula onnum illa. Ennaka yen thangatchi than first’uh,” Rishi said. “Ahma anni than first,” Aditi joined too in a threatening tone. Then Abhimanyu and Chithra also joined them and stood next to Siya.

Siddharth looked at them and said “you too,” while the whole family shook their head chuckling.

“Appadi ellam illa, ugnha ponnayum yen paiyan’ah pathramma paathuka sollungha,”Devi ma came and stood next to Siddharth and Krishnakumar also joined. “Appadi sollungha atha,” saying so he hugged her. Everyone laughed and started dispersing.

Everyone left and Siya was going to go down but gasped as she felt someone pull her. She was about to scream but a hand closed her mouth. “Kathatha di,” she slowly opened her eyes as she heard his voice.

Siya’s back hit the wall while Siddharth’s hands were on either side caging her.

“Bayunthutean pa,”Siya said. Siddharth smiled. “ Sirikaatha pa,” she said. He moved the baby hairs from her face and asked “unnaku unmaileiyumme okay thane.Force panra maathire ellam illa la?” Siya smiled at the way he put her comfort before anything else. She smiled and said “ othukhurean, love marriage than pannanumnu,” she locked her eyes with him and continued “but ithu varaikkum ungha kitta vaantha feel yaarukittayum vaaralla.” Siddharth smiled and said “ennakum than.”

“Naangha paathu, palagi three days than aatchi but etho neriya naal therincha maathuree irkku,” Siddharth said. Siya smiled and said “ennakkum than.”

“So,” he said and she said “so,” repeating him.

“So nambalkku engaemnet nadukkha poghutha, so yenkuda oru date vaariya,” he asked. She widened her eyes and he continued “yaarukum theriyaammah peyitta vaaruvoam,” he completed and raised his eyebrows. Siya smiled. This man always looks at her ideas and value. She nodded her head and lowered her head as blush crept up her cheeks.
Siddharth smiled and said “ okay so be ready by 5 tomorrow. Also naan naaliki irukka matean. Yennukku oru date irukku so arrangemenst paakhanum.” Siya smiled and move down thinking about tomorrow.

Both were super excited and were already waiting for the sun to dawn for the next day.

Heyyo guys!
Do let me know how this chapter was.
Feel free to comment.

Thank you for all the comments and votes and I am really sorry for the delay.

Pls ignore any errors or mistakes.

This is a fictional story.

Stay Safe🍀✨