Chapter 9

Siya was looking at her closet trying to decide what to wear. She has dresses of modern to traditional wear and is super confused on what to wear tonight.

She was super excited that she has been looking at her wardrobe since morning.

Aditi came to the room and looked at her sister-in-law with a confused face. She went and sat down next to her “anni yen morning’ey mood upset’ah irukku.” Siya looked at her with a pout and Aditi raised her eyebrows indicating to spit it out.
Siya kept looking at her how to start this.

First she would tease the hell out of her and secondly this date was more of a secret date.

“Iva kitta eppadiyaavathu pottu vaanganum,” Siya thought. She smiled suddenly thinking of her idea but soon composed it. “hmm,” she cleared her throat, “onnum illa ma thunni madikannum. Athuthaan romba lazy’ya irukku,” she said stretching her hands.

“Psst! Ayyo anni ennakum unghalukkum same pinch’ey. Nanum intha maadhiri vela seya romba lazy,” Aditi said as she found it relatable and she continued “aahna na illa, anna va ye vela vaangiruvean.” Siya widened her eyes as she chuckled at what she heard. “Adi paavi,” Siya said. Aditi chuckled at her reaction. “But kavala padhathadeengha anni neengha vantha piragu naan yen velaya paathukhurean,”she said. Siya smiled at this kid and pinched her cheeks saying “athu ellam onnu venda. Namba rendu perum sernthu ungha annana vela vaanguvoam. Sariya,” she bopped Aditi’s nose with her forefinger. Aditi laughed and hi-fied and hugged.

After a while “aahma nee traditional dress panreya, yen. Ungha family, anna ku appadi than pudikkumo,” Siya asked casually. “Appadi illa, ingha vanthu irukkoam thaanae illati nammaku sweat pants and oversized t-shirts than pa,” Aditi said.

“Appo ungha anna ka nee modern’ah udhithuraatha pudiikumma illa traditional dress panna pudikumma,” Siya asked expecting a solution.

“Anna ku vaanthu,” Aditi started and then narrowed her eyes at her sister-in-law “yen thideernu?” She questioned. At that time Siya’s phone pinged with a notification. Aditi just saw a glance at her phone as it was next to her but her eyes widen her the message. “Ayyo anni date’ah,” she screamed. Siya widened her eyes and closed her mouth “shhh shh Aditi,” she said.

Aditi was so excited and she showed the phone displaying the message sent by Siddharth- “Today date at 6.” Siya face palmed and muttered “makku” cursing him. “Oohh anni appa ithu ka than anna ku enna dress pudikkum na ketenghala. Ooh ooh,” she teased him. Siya was embarrassed as blush crept up her cheeks. “Adu please stop,” Siya whined.

“Okay okay. Anna ka actually dress visiyathulla restrictions illa. But avanoda wife or vaara pora wife’ah traditional’ah paaka pudikkum,” she said. Siya’s mind went to that one dress. Siya smiled and kissed Aditi’s cheek “thank you Adu. Also ithu secret please,” she told. Aditi pouted at her and Siya immediately said “I promise morning dosa with sugar,” which made Aditi’s eyes twinkle. “Done,” she said.

~~~

Siya looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She took a green pottu and placed it on her forehead. She looked at the time and it was time for her to go.
Her heart was beating so fast like a racing car. She was very nervous. She slowly went down and everyones attention turned to her.

"Ayyo yen marumaga ivlo alazgha," Chithra said and cracked her knuckles.

“Enga di pora,” Devi asked . Siya gulped and said “athuva ma ko-kovil’ku. Inniki etho pooja irrukuthaamae.” Devi was half convinced.

“Ahma pooja thaan pooja thaan,” Aditi said sarcastically. Siya glared at her. “ Pooja ya ma. Iru ma naanu vaarean,” Chithra said. Siya’s eyes widened and looked at Aditi.  Aditi smiled and winked at her.