Chapter Three

"Now did you say something of my best interest, Khun Songphon."

It was so hard to control his wolf from coming out and tear at his smile. For the nth time, he silently breathed in again as the younger started,

"The price for not attacking your pack and to retain good pack relations will be,"

As if the look in his eyes wasn't dark enough, Songphon saw them growing black,

"An omega. An omega named New."

The older alpha froze at that name as the younger alpha went on,

"Besides, I would need an heir to pass on the responsibilities of my pack. If you want, you can name this as a political union. This can be the 'seal' to your so-called 'pact'."

Songphon took a full moment before speaking in a low thunder,

"I want time to think about this decision."

The younger alpha cocked a brow that Songphon didn't see, he inhaled and exhaled as he clicked his tongue,

"Your beta was right. You don't really take decisions without his and your luna's opinion, do you?"

Songphon met his eyes,

"This is a matter of someone's life."

Holding the eye contact, he parted his lips,

"Okay. I give you twenty-four hours from now to make your decision. If any verdict doesn't follow after the time limit is completed, you know what will happen."

The older met the younger's eyes who again, smirked in his face.

*

"How the fuck could he demand that?"

Songphon casted his eyes away, his fingers were on his lips as if he was a philosopher deep in thinking.

They were on the rooftop of their house, to avoid the youngsters of their house from eavesdropping on their conversation.

A waning moon was peeking out from the occasional passing clouds. A lit lamp on the nearby wall illuminated their surroundings.

Janiya, Songphon's wife and the luna of this pack, clicked her tongue at her brother in law, for obviously cussing. He turned to her,

"P'Ja! Why are you clicking your tongue on me for saying that?!" He turned to his brother, enraged, "When it should be him you should be fighting right now."

"Ai'San, calm down." Janiya had just said when the older met Seksan's ablaze eyes,

"Nothing is decided yet, Seksan. And for your information, everything that happened, I didn't do it happily!" He thundered.

Seksan shook his head, he had turned red from anger, "But why did you have to give him such authority to ask for that?!"

"Because I don't want this pack and the areas surrounding it to end up like pack Adulkittiporn!"

"Okay," Seksan put his hands on his waist, closing his eyes for a moment to contain himself,

"Let's say this somehow makes sense but couldn't you offer anyone else? Damn, New is the next luna of this pack! He will be a leader and an important political figure not to just only this pack and you sold him over?!"