Chapter Twenty

DA note: To everyone who is reading this fan fiction, first of all, thank you all very much for reading this fan fiction- No, I am not discontinuing it.

What I wanted to say is, I don't remember if I have mentioned this before but once this work is completed, this will go under rounds of editing.

At least three. So if anyone happens to reread and finds some changes, don't be surprised.

~~~~~~~

A colder breeze filtered through his clothes and hair. He tossed, it was warm, the direction he faced now.

He had had these moments a lot, where he could feel and hear things while he was sleeping. It felt like he was just standing a little away from where it was happening.

In those moments, be it because of his instincts or him being prepared for the worse at all times, he would have woken with a jerk.

But today, he felt calm.

So calm that he slowly started feeling odd.

Then a soft exhale of warm air on his face made him open his eyes steadily.

There was dark blue light of dawn all around them.

And it beautifully illuminated his soft and fair features. Up until just a moment ago, brown and blue hadn't felt like much of a combination to him but then his hair flowed as another gush of air had brushed by.

Somewhere deep down, where he couldn't acknowledge it, he wanted to comb his finger through those silky brown hair.

His eyes traveled down from his perfect eyebrows to closed eyelids, from the mole on his nose to his lips.

He blinked as his eyes stopped at them. Was it the blue light surrounding them or the fact that he hadn't slept like that in a long while that his lips looked more pink and soft?

He shut his eyes then, taking a breath as he turned over to lie on his back. He didn't want to proceed any further with his thoughts.

It felt too early. And inappropriate too.

He rubbed his right hand on his face and then sat up.

He faced the sky, faintly, he could see that stars were still present.

Then he turned his head,

He wouldn't want to miss this.

Then his eyes fell over the sleeping man.

Tay softly sucked in, he looked everything he couldn't describe in words.

Words like peaceful and beautiful felt like shameful understatements right.

He looked back at the sky and realizing that this wouldn't last forever, he turned back again and called out, "New?"

He didn't budge. "New?" He'd called out again, this time a little louder.

And he didn't wake up yet again. He opened his mouth to call out again when he stopped. The corners of his lips then curled just the slightest bit up.

*

"New...?"

New felt like he was standing somewhere where voice echoed.

"New...?"

He felt this voice that called out to him came from the direction straight ahead.

"New, wake up."

He opened his eyes with a soft gasp.