Chapter Thirteen

Was he teasing him?

New questioned in his mind as he didn't look away for he wasn't one of those who shy away.

His anger was dissipating.

And faster than he'd like to admit.

Another thing he would rather die than say was that his heart was jumping in his chest. He could hear his heartbeat ringing in his ears.

Just then, the alpha let him go. Realizing how warm he was when the cold crept up where his fingers and palm lifted from his skin. New shifted his gaze off of him,

"Say it quick."

He was so thankful that he didn't stutter or said it too quick.

Tay's eyes observed that mole on his nose for a moment or two before sighing and looking away, "How could I wake you up?"

New turned his gaze back at him, now more in control of himself, "Why couldn't you?"

"You were sleeping so..." Tay met his eyes, "Peacefully, I... How could I wake you up?"

New eyed him, he knew how to tell if someone was lying just from studying their body language.

And then he met the alpha's eyes again.

Eyes speak louder than body language. People say that eyes were a mirror of the heart and looking into his deep black eyes...

New blinked then, subsequently looking away. It was enough to know that the alpha wasn't lying. Just then another thing clicked in his mind,

"And what about Khun Jane?"

He almost snap turned to him, back upright than ever.

"An innocent mistake, I simply forgot to mention it to her for I had to clear the schedule for today to show you around Bangkok myself."

And that led to yet another unsaid staring competition between them.

New glared out the last bits of his anger at the alpha before saying,

"There's only one way I am letting you off the hook."

*

"How can you not have breakfast? It's the need of your body, an important meal of the day."

He said as he shoved the noodles in his mouth and slurped. They were currently at a restaurant that was situated just at one of the ends of the Bangkok markets, one which led to the temple and the suburbs.

"I just... Don't feel like having it."

New swallowed as he raised his hand holding the chopsticks and outstretched his index finger, waving it and saying, "No wonder you're like this."

He refocused on the precious wonton noodles, mixing it in the soup again and taking another slurpy mouthful.

Tay observed him, leaning back at the back rest of the chair, his arms folded. The omega ate like he hadn't in years when he just missed one meal.

He wondered if that was a big deal for the omega. He had skipped meals before too and it didn't really affect him.

No food appealed to him either. Last time he had a nice meal-

"Aren't you going to order for yourself?"

Tay shook his head, "Eat quickly, I have one more place to show you."