Chapter Twenty One

DA note: *sucks in* I wrote what I wrote, even if it is cringe worthy.

*rubs a hand on her face* I have admitted to this before, I will admit it once again; yes, I am amateur in writing. And I don't know how to write bargaining scenes.

~~~~~~~

New turned off the heat of shrimp fried rice, which was a recreation of the food made last night, as a knock rang in the room.

New half turned, seeing the alpha enter and meeting his eyes for a moment before turning back and proceeding to serve said thing on two individual plates.

"If you knocked because I had forgotten to when I entered your study, then let me tell you that I thought we were all alone in this house. And I am not someone who disrespects someone's privacy, it just happened-"

"New,"

He sealed his lips when he said his name in a soft rasp.

From his peripheral vision, he could see the other walking up and stopping near the counter, two steps adjacent to him.

Tay was about to continue when New silently exhaled as he placed the now empty wok back on the stove.

Letting go of the handle and not meeting the alpha's eyes, he said, "I apologize."

"You don't need to apologize for that."

New took the plates and headed for the table as Tay fished out the cutlery from the drawer, "Still, it won't happen again."

Placing down the plates, New remembered the two other people that he'd met almost twenty minutes ago, "Oh and are Khun Joong and Khun March still here?"

Tay walked up beside him, placing a spoon on each plate, "No, they left."

"You should have stopped them."

Tay met the other's eyes, "Why?"

New opened his mouth to almost nag at the ever stoic looking alpha but then sighed as he looked away,

"What?"

New strutted back into the kitchen, grabbing an empty jug as he said,

"Hospitality rule number I don't know," He placed the jug into the sink and opened the tap as the water flowed into the jug,

"Be it your juniors, seniors or even a stranger shows up at your house, at least offer them a glass of water. Because we don't know what long journey they have made to come here."

Tay's eyes, which were ever on the omega, strayed when New completed his words.

He'd heard these words somewhere before...

He just couldn't put his finger on who it was.

Was it-

"Tay? Why are you standing like a lemon? Sit down, the food is getting cold."

*

The duo had first sat down, after eating and doing the dishes, to make a list of what needed to be bought immediately and what could be bought later because it wasn't a strong necessity or was big in size to carry around.

Ultimately, it was decided that today they would only buy food to store in the pantry.

"How are you not feeling hot in that? The fabric of this cloak seems pretty thick."