Chapter 5 - Angry Shadows

"They'll be here pretty soon, looking through my room. For the money." -Billie Eilish, bellyache

"Miss Y/n," JARVIS said. "You're package is here."

It's been 3 days since the kiss, and you stayed locked in your room. You didn't want to talk to anyone. Didn't want to communicate.

You sighed, then opened your bedroom door.

Cool air rushed onto your face, and you sprinted through the Compound.

Past Loki's room, past Bucky's room, past Steve's room-

"Oh Steve," You thought. Oh how you felt so bad. Just ghosting him. You frowned at the thought, and continued running.

"Y/n?!" You heard.

You stopped in your tracks. You turned around.

It was Tony, Bruce, and Steve. 

"Shit," You mumbled. You turned around, and ran again. 

"Y/n!" You heard Steve yell. You kept running. You heard footsteps behind you.

"Goddammit, Steve!" You yelled. You ducked his grab, and jumped down the stairs.

You grabbed your package from the front-door, then sprinted out of the Compound.

You saw his shadow, growing bigger and bigger, and then suddenly it was gone. It was silent.

Dead silent.

You were in a big, white room. You looked around. 

You saw King T'Chaka, Prince T'Challa, and King Odin.

All staring at you.

"Step forward," Odin said.

You walked to them. You stopped a few feet away. The only sounds you heard was your breath and your heartbeat ringing in your ears.

"You're broken," Odin said. He looked at T'Chaka.

T'Chaka studied you for a moment.

"Mncede nyana wam," T'Chaka said, to T'Challa.

T'Challa kept his eye on you, then nodded. He disappeared.

"Did-did I do something?" You asked. There was a ringing in your ear. Getting louder.

"My dear," Odin said. "You've done everything."

"Y/n!"

You burst awake, the first thing you saw, was Steve's ocean eyes.

You chest heaved, and you instinctively grabbed for your painkillers, realizing they weren't there.

You leaned back, onto the ground, closing your eyes and sighing.

"Y/n," Steve said. "Are you okay?" 

You scoffed, then looked at him.

"Finally, a good question," You said. You stood up, and grabbed your package. "Ask me again when you mean it."

"Y/n, c'mon," Steve said. He grabbed your shoulder, but you twisted it off and slapped him in the face. 

"No, you c'mon," You said. "You people think and know I'm broken. And if you know, then quit trying to put my pieces back together!"

Steve stared at you. His eyebrows narrowed. 

"Fine," He said. "Sorry."

He stormed past you, and inside. And his shadow revealed Bucky.

His arms were crossed, and he was staring at you. 

"Doll," He said. "I think you hurt his feelings."